Chapter 8

Howie

Tia had gone off with Mindy and Margie to have lunch, do some shopping, and later meet up with Lynn to head over to Addie's place for a girl's night. Howie knew that Tia being out with friends was a good thing. After the second night that he had been home, and Andy still hadn't shown up, Tia started to get nervous. It took him a long time and a lot of patience to get her to calm down. So, when Mindy called and asked her and Erin to go out and go shopping with Margie for baby shit, it was a relief.

His hands ran through his hair as he sat at Jones bar, staring at a beer that he hadn't touched. "Why the hell hasn't that douche bag come home yet?"

Jones hit the cue ball, smacking the grouping, sending balls all over the table. "Did you call Nick to see if the drummer had gotten to Chicago?"

"I called him, and the drummer was there. So why isn't that asshole back home?"

"I don't know, you thought about calling Sammy?"

"Yeah, I have, but,"

"Are you afraid of what they're going to say?"

"Yeah, I am." Howie groaned, picking up the warm bottle of beer.

"Then don't be such a pussy and just call them and see what the fucks going on."

"Easy for you to say, you've got Margie back. My ass is trying to get Tia's dick husband to go back home."

Jones shook his head. "If he's getting that much ass as you told me he was, you know he's not coming back home, Howie. Pussy does crazy things to a man's mind. I'm just sayin'."

"But that ass said he was coming home."

"Did he really say that, or did you just tell him that?" Jones asked with a lifted brow.

"The stupid mother fucker said," But then he stopped and went back over what exactly was said. He was so pissed at himself for sending that douche back to Tia that maybe he didn't hear what he think he did. "Well, he didn't say anything when I stop and think about it."

"Yeah, that's what I thought. That little Shit never said he was coming home."

"No, not in so many words. I was the one who told him to get his ass home. But he didn't say he wasn't going home either."

"Shit man, come on, we both know what that means. He's never coming home, and you know it. I think you've been drinking the crazy cool-aid again."

"Great, then what am I supposed to do about Tia? She's going to be fucking heartbroken." He groaned as Jones took his next shot and then laughed. "What's so damn funny?"

"You,"

"What the hell did I do?"

Jones held the pool stick up and batted his eyes. "Oh, what am I going to do now that the woman I've a hard-on over since I was ten years old is now left alone and abandoned by her husband?"

"What the fuck does that mean?"

Jones shook his head and bent over to take another shot. "It means, go get her back, dumb ass! Tia is yours if you have the balls to go get her."

"I did go get her... she's in love with the asshole she's married to!"

"Oh, come on, you don't believe that, do you?"

"For your information, she told me that."

"Big fucking whoop. You two have been close since you were kids. No dip shit she's known for a year is going to take that away. By the way, did she say that she didn't love you anymore?"