《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R》

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widened and she said, 'We got this, I mean of course we do.'

I laughed at her mental freakout and I said, 'Yes Jamie we do.'

We arrived at the company and we jumped out of the car after thanking the driver. We outside the building looking up at it and I turned to Jamie and she had her face stoic already. We walked and the security guards opened the door and I used my company ID's. I had international clearance into every single thing the company owned in the world. The security looked shocked probably because they had never seen me before but here I was with a VIP ID.

We walked and I made my way straight to the VIP elevator. I pressed the button and used the card and we were waiting for the elevator to come down. The doors opened and I turned around when I heard someone shouting Ma'am in our direction. She had been running and she said, 'Ma'am this is a VIP private elevator. I'm not even sure how you managed to open the elevator.'

I raised an eyebrow and I said, 'The fact that you don't know who I am, then maybe this isn't the company for you to work at.'

I stepped into the elevator with Jamie and the woman was standing still and I could tell was just trying to figure out who I was. I gave her a small wave with my fingers as the doors closed and we went straight to the top floor. We got to the top and I went into the office that is kept locked for when board members come to the branch. I put it the pin and I walked in and took a seat. After a bit Jamie ran in with a chai latte, I thanked her for the coffee and took a sip.

I looked up at her and said, 'You need to get every single employee in this building into the employee conference room asap. I want them there in the next five to eight minutes. '

Jamie nodded and she left the office and I took deep breathes trying to bury my nerves and calm my heart. In true actually this was how I was on the outside I could look unbothered and completely calm but I always have something going on on the inside I could be feeling anything and right now I was anxious. I don't why I was anxious it could be because of this entire situation but I guess was going to find out.

My phone started started vibrating and I slowly opened my eyes to see the callers ID and I had it was a call from Kieran. A small smile automatically grew on my face and I answered. I answered and said, 'Hey.'

He let out a breathe of relief and said, 'Hey princesa. How are you doing?'

I let out a breathe and said, 'I'm tired Kieran, really tired.'

He hummed and said, 'Is it because of the business there?'

I made a disagreeing sound and said, 'Harry called me last night like really late when I was supposed to be going to sleep. Uhm his father passed away so I was up until five consoling him.'

He swore under his breathe and he awkwardly said, 'I hope he's okay.'

I chuckled and said, 'You're cute do you know that?'

I could hear the smile in his voice and he said, 'I'm glad you feel that way because you're the only person who should feel that way and the only one that should know that.'

There was chatter on his side of the phone and he groaned and said, 'Daniel just go do your job.'

My smile grew and I said, 'Did I just hear you say Daniel?'

He groaned and said, 'Yeah he's working at the company.'

With my eyebrows rose and I said, 'With you?'

Like he read my mind he said, 'Well don't be so surprised, it made sense.'

I smiled and said, 'Well I'm happy for you.'