Chapter 2: Being Called an Apostle

Transmigrated as the Male Lead: I'm Marrying My Villainess Fiancée!

Chapter 2

.

Being Called an Apostle

.

The next day as promised, I addressed the public at Altmir's Cathedral where I was miraculously resurrected.

Father told me how it happened. A bright light shone through the glass roof before it beamed right down on my lavish coffin, blinding everyone. Then, suddenly, I was sitting up and they were all shitting their pants. They were quick to say it's a miracle, but if I were them and I saw someone getting out of their casket, low key, I'll be preparing for a zombie invasion instead of celebrating a dead guy.

For now, there were a lot of people who believes that I was holy-sent, just because I came back from the grave. Things got even more complicating when the church received a missive from the Holy Lands of Altmireva that an oracle was just delivered by the heavens.

Basically, the oracle was about me---specifically, Prince Xander---that I am now an Apostle of Altmir.

Hahahaha! What the fuck? Why? As if I didn't have enough shit to deal with, I was now an apostle of a God I don't even know, hear, or see!

The Holy Priest, Father Aigner, tried to appeal to me to stay in the capital for a few days to celebrate of being named an apostle—whatever that meant---but I refused. I wanted to spend my time with my parents, and to find my own identity in this world.

Still, I wonder why the God Altmir named me an apostle. Honestly, I wish this whole thing was like those Reincarnated stories where the God(s) were portrayed as people and that we would actually have conversations. Maybe even drink tea and eat snacks.

But no. I was just dropped into a dead guy's body, and now I have to make up some speech on the stand.

"Father, what should I say?" I asked in a whisper while clenching my teeth. My turn was coming up soon as the Priest was recanting the tale of my resurrection and singing praises to Altmir.

"Well... say whatever comes from your mind, son," the King said.

I shrunk a bit. "Okay..."

That didn't help at all. If I were to say anything that comes out first from my mind, it would be 'fuck me', and that wouldn't be appropriate. I think my mother will faint if she heard me curse like that.

To my horror, Priest Aigner even revealed to the public of the Holy Land's missive. "This morning, we received a letter from Altmireva! An oracle was delivered to the Seers, and in the words of the Almighty Altmir, He conveyed that Prince Xander shall be His Apostle!"

My stomach churned as the crowd awed and gasped in gossips over the news.

Maybe I should just abandon ship now before it's too late.

"And now, a few words from Altmir's Apostle, Prince Xander!" Priest Aigner gestured to me at the top steps of the front Cathedral where the crowd was waiting to hear my voice.

With a straight, calm face, I reluctantly head up to the steps.

There was no podium, no mic, or camera to relay my message over this huge crowd that gathered at the lower steps of the church, but because of how quiet they all were, one could even hear a needle drop to the cobble stone ground. I was even afraid that they could hear the anxious grinding of my teeth as I stood there before the audience all keen to listen to what I have to say.

Swallowing my fear, I gathered my courage to speak.

"My people of Therondia...!" I started, and then, my jaw was left hanging.