Prologue: A New Beginning

Transmigrated as the Male Lead: I'm Marrying My Villainess Fiancée!

Prologue

.

A New Beginning

.

An angel in scrubs was holding my hand as the world grew dimmer by the second. There were people speaking, but their voices were muffled. It was also getting harder to breathe on my own once they removed the mask from my face. It felt like water was flooding my lungs, and coughing didn't help. Then, I was flailing in the darkness even though my limbs refused to move. It felt like I was swimming, and for how long, I hadn't a clue. Time had no place in this realm of eternity.

Until suddenly, I took a breath.

"H-He's alive!"

"This is a divine miracle!"

"Praise to the Holy Divine God Altmir!"

I sat up from the white satin bed, facing before me a grand audience in some lofty cathedral where the center part of the roof had prismatic, glass windows. It almost seemed like the colors were dancing. Meanwhile, a cacophony of flabbergasting noises filled the halls.

A married couple then threw themselves over to me on their knees and grabbed my hands tightly with their trembling fingers. One was a slightly older man with deep eye-bags wearing a royal crown and the other was a woman with brunette hair, wearing a matching crown fit for a Queen. I was too surprised and disoriented to pull away as I stared at their eyes that were spilling out rivers of tears.

"My son! My son!" The woman called for me. "My sweetheart, can you see us? Can you hear us?"

The man's slightly rough hands reached out to touch my cheek, wiping away the tears my eyes. I didn't even know I was crying.

"It's alright... everything's going to be alright," he said with a warmth so foreign to me, because I didn't know this man, and yet I also couldn't refuse it. "You're going to be okay."

"Behold!" Then an old man in white robes and black sash addressed the audience. "What was supposed to be a sad day for us all is now the happiest day in history! The Almighty God Altmir has brought Prince Xander back to life! Praise be to the Almighty Altmir! And all hail Prince Xander! And glory to the Kingdom of Therondia!"

And the audience shouted back like a synchronized choir, "Praise be to Altmir! All hail Prince Xander! And glory be to Therondia!"

I didn't know it at the time, but that day when I took a breath---that day was my funeral, and somehow, I was transmigrated into this body.

Furthermore, after hearing the names of Altmir, Therondia, and Prince Xander, I've come upon a terrifying conclusion. I was reincarnated into the body of the Male Lead/Prince from an otome app game called "The Trials of Love" with a twisted ending of the Heroine bringing ruin upon the Kingdom of Therondia.

And all because the stupid prince dumped his fiancée for the bewitching thot.

What the fuck-

.

.

.