Ch. 17; Lover's Rage

Start from the beginning

Reiner knocked Eren out and tied him up while gagging him, strapping him to his back. Bertholdt picked Aila up, struggling to hold her on his back as she was bigger than him in height and mass. As they zipped through the trees, Aila switched to her connection and found Annie, Mikasa, and Sasha. She smiled with relief knowing they're ok, "Guys! Reiner and Bertholdt are holding us captive and are trying to escape with me and Eren through the trees!", Annie gasped and sighed in relief of hearing her love's voice, "Aila! Thank god! I thought you were gone after Bertholdt threw you into his mouth I..", Annie's voice began to break. "I know, I was knocked out I didn't know what happened. But listen, I'm going to transform and run out of the trees, I'll try and get Eren but I'm not sure if Reiner will give me an opening", she told her friends, Mikasa frowned in anger yet determination, "If you can't get him, I understand, but we'll be with you soon and get BOTH of you back" "Yeah! You can count on it Ails!", Sasha said in a uplifting tone. Aila took a deep breath, and flipped around, using her legs to spin Bertholdt out of control. She jumped off of him, and bit into her arm, signaling the ever so familiar yellow lightning to rain down upon her. She opened her eyes, seeing the steam from the transformation, but what was unexpected, was another shot of lightning was triggered. But it wasn't Reiner, or even Bertholdt, it was Annie herself. RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! Annie roared in the distance, sending shivers down Reiner and Bertholdt's spine, knowing that neither of them were a match for her or Aila. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! The running footsteps of Annie grew closer and closer, Reiner handing Eren off to Bertholdt, Aila gasped, knowing he was going to transform. He bit his hand and transformed, landing onto the ground with a huge crash, Bertholdt rested in the crook of his neck with Eren still unconscious on his back. Aila felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned around to see Annie in titan form with Mikasa, Sasha, Christa, Connie, Marco, Jean and Armin on her person. They all jumped off and onto the nearby trees, unsheathing their blades and standing ready to charge at Reiner with all their might.

Aila connected to everyone present, "Thank you all for coming, do not be alarmed, this is one of my titans abilities. Eren is on Bertholdt's back unconscious, Reiner knocked him out before you all arrived" "Then we kill the bastards and take Eren back!", Mikasa shouted in anger. Annie cut in, "No, we can't kill them or their titans will be passed down to a random Eldian child who will die in thirteen years, we cannot let innocents die because of our urges", Mikasa clenched her handles, she knew good and well that Annie was right. Sasha rested her hand onto her lovers shoulder, calming her down at the touch, "Alright then, what should we do? We can't just stand her staring at each other all day now", Sasha stated in a more serious tone than usual, which surprised everyone who heard her. Aila frowned and glared at Reiner, "Me and Annie can take Reiner on and distract him. You all have to get Eren back, cut Bertholdt into shreds if needed but don't kill him!" "Right!", everyone thought simultaneously. She and Annie got into fighting formation, Aila hardened her legs, elbow, knuckle, and nail claws, preparing to attack. Annie hardened her arms and legs as usual to protect herself from damage from the impact, and she was going to need it against Reiner. Aila connected one last time, "NOW!", she shouted, signaling the beginning of the attack, everyone dispersed on their ODM gear, however it was too late for Reiner to realize what was happening. Aila roared and charged at him, punching him with her wolverine like claws, breaking his armor on his left side of his face. She jumped back, before he could regain his stance, Annie charged at him with full speed. He raised his arms to protect his head, but it was no good, Annie kicked his arms right off of his body, making him roar in pain. Bertholdt was thrown off of him, "REINER!", he shouted as he flew back onto a tree branch, but he was only met by his former comrades whom he betrayed and deceived. Mikasa, stopped right above him, "Bertholdt... hand Eren over.. NOW!", she glared at him with murderous intent in her eyes, he gulped and sweat with fear, knowing he was no match for her or the rest of his "friends".