• Romance •

April 12th, 1912
12:30 AM

I finally found Jack. He was laying on the bench smoking a cigarette.

"Jack!" I call out for his name.

He sits up on the bench. "Y/n? What are you doing up?"

"What are YOU doing up?" I asked.

He notices my puffy eyes. "Y/n, are you ok?"

"Yes. I am fine. Why?"

"Your eyes... they're all puffy." He motions for me to come sit on the bench.

I sat on the bench with him. He puts his hand on the side of my face. He rubs his hand on my cheek. It was so comforting. I forgot about everything that just happened.

"Your cheek is red. What happened?" he asked.

"Well... long story." I nervously laugh.

"Tell me, Y/n."

"My father told me that I can't see you anymore. I refused then he slapped me across the face." I continue to talk to Jack. "I tried to tell him how kind you are but he wouldn't listen. Jack he wouldn't listen!" I start to stutter. Tears welling up in my eyes again.

"Oh Y/n..." he says in a soft tone.

He wraps his arms around my waist. I rest my head onto his shoulder. A tear drops from my eye onto his jacket.

"I'm sorry, Jack. I couldn't convince him."

Jack doesn't say anything. He holds me tighter in his arms. He pulls me in and kisses me on the lips. He holds my face with his hands.

"It's ok... don't shake." He said.

He felt me shaking?

"Come on." he walks into the inside of the ship.

We walk down the halls.

We suddenly see my father. My father glares at me. His eyes were terrifying. He looked as if he was going to kill me.

I hold onto Jacks hand tighter. We turn around and start walking back.

"Come on Jack. We need to get to a lift."

We find an open lift. My father runs in front of it and shakes the gate.

Jack and I giggle. I give my father the finger.

The lift stops and we walk out to the next floor down. We walk down the hallways.

I turn around and scream.

"Come on Jack!" I laugh hysterically.

My father chases after us. We open a door to the engine room.

"NOW WHAT?!" I yell over the engine.

"I CANT HEAR YOU!" Jack yells back.

We laugh together, with our hands over our ears.

We go down the ladder into the boiler room. Many of the people down there yell at us.

"HEY! You're not supposed to be in here!" says one of the men.

Jack and I run through the boiler room like there's no tomorrow. Laughing and giggling together.

"Wow! Look at this." Jack takes my hand.

It's was a 1912 Renault Type CB Coupé de Ville. It was magnificent. Not even my family has one!

Jack opens the door for me.

"Here you go, m'lady!" he holds in his laughter.

"Thank you sir!" I said.

He jumps into the drivers seat. He honks the horn. We both laugh.

I pull down the window.

"Where to miss?" Jack asked.

I whisper in his ear. "To the stars.."

Jack looks at me. I pull him by the arms into the vehicle. He lays beside me in the back seat.

"Are you nervous?" Jack asked.

"No." I respond.

He puts his hand on my face. He leans in closer and kisses me on the lips.

"Put your hands on me Jack."