Carson pointed to a man sitting at the bar. He was wearing an ugly red sweater and these big bug eyes that scattered around. 

I quickly averted my gaze from him when the buggy eyes turned in my direction. I shook my head, cringing as Carson laughed at my reaction. "Absolutely not."

"What's wrong with him, Princess?" He asked, tossing one of the mini grape jams at me.

"Stop it," I complained, tossing the jam back at him. He caught it before it could hit his chest and dropped it into his pile of discarded jams. "Take this seriously."

He sighed, "There's no one good enough here right now. Let's wait it out a bit. Try me instead."

I scanned over everyone in the crowded restaurant. There was a pretty woman sitting by herself at the bar, but she had deep-set wrinkles around her eyes and wore a conservative outfit akin to something you could find in Hillary Clinton's closet. Something about the ensemble suggested that she was way too mature to entertain Carson, who was currently holding a wedding for the salt and pepper shakers.

I looked over to the booths on the opposite side of the large room. There was a group of four girls, giggling obnoxiously loud as they passed their phones between each other. Too young.

Another woman sitting not far away from us seemed promising. She was pretty, with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She had a young face and was dressed in a pair of ripped jeans and a tank top. I almost picked her, but upon closer inspection, the hand wrapped around her glass of water had a shiny ring on the index finger. Not a moment later, a large, burly man, slid into the seat across from her, a beer in either hand.

Definitely not her. 

I almost gave up when, as if on cue, a pretty new girl walked in. She looked young, somewhere around our age, maybe a year or two older. She was tall, with long tan legs, accentuated by her doc martens. Her shiny black hair cascaded in waves down her back, and her beautiful brown eyes were framed by long, dark lashes. She had a radiant smile as she conversed with the hostess at the front of the diner.  

This would be fun to watch.

I waited until the hostess left her station and the girl was alone before alerting Carson. "Her," I said, smiling.

Carson turned his head toward the front of the diner to see who I was talking about. He looked her over before turning back to me smugly, "Easy."

I put my hands up in surrender, trying not to laugh prematurely. I nodded my head at her, signaling for him to go on. 

"I'll be back in two minutes," he assured as he slid out from the booth.

I watched intently as he made his way over to her. I couldn't see his face, but I watched as he reached out a hand and took hers as he introduced himself. She seemed confused, maybe curious at first.

Carson moved closer to her, and the change in angle allowed me to see the side of his face. I couldn't make out what he was saying to her, but I kept my eyes trained on her facial expressions. She laughed a couple of times and gave a small smile.

Carson's friendly smile slowly turned into a smirk the longer he spent talking to her, and I almost got worried that he would pull it off.

However, it didn't take too long before the girl expressed her disinterest. She started inching away from Carson, holding up a hand to him as she quickly excused herself. I watched her walk to the bar at the back corner of the diner, waving down the bartender for a drink.

I laughed victoriously as Carson slumped back into his seat with a pout on his face. Before I could even begin my taunting, he grumbled a 'shut up' to me.