C H A P T E R 1

Começar do início

They were all now standing in front of the Camp pole.

"The first stop on any good tour is the flagpole!" David said, pointing towards the huge pole. He had a bright smile on his face while he started saluting. Honestly, it was almost kind of creepy.

"I can't help but give it the official Camp Campbell salute every time I see it." He continued saluting with sparkles in his eyes.

He referred to the house next to the Flagpole, continuing his speech. "Beside the flagpole is our mess hall, which-"

He interrupted himself when he took another glance at the flagpole and saluted again.

"Oh sorry, saw the flag again!"

"..when will we'll be seeing the activities..? I'm really not in the mood for this..." Y/N thought, as she let out a tiny huff.

"Beside the flagpole is our mess hall, which is connected to the Quartermaster Store." David continued, enthusiastic.

"It's here we'll serve meals, hold announcements, and occasionally take part in Camp activities." He continued.

The h/c haired girl frownwd slightly and twiddled with her fingers. "Group activities? I swear I hate this place already.."

"Tell 'em just how much you love it, Max!" The counselor exclaimed as he pointed towards Max with hope.

The other three kids turned to look at Max, who only looked at his hands.

"See, that's the sad thing. He still actually thinks that I love it."

"And who wouldn't? Now let's stop inside and meet my co-counselour Gwen, who's in the middle of a camp activity right now! Oh man, you're gonna love her!" He said, moving to the doors of the Mess Hall.

"This guy is starting to creep me out with his enthusiastic personality..." Y/N mumbled.

Max, though, seemed to have heard her and gave an unenthusiastic chuckle at this.

"That's what I gotta deal with every day." He told her, while shrugging at the girl. Y/N only gave a slight snicker back. "We both have to, now."

Max ▲

David opened the door, ignoring the comments of the unexcited kids. "Good morning Gwen!"

"MOTHERFUCKER!"

In the mess hall was huge chaos going on, so much for first impressions.

An astronaut kid was flying on the ceiling fan. A tall girl was listening to music, another kid was doing magic tricks, one boy controlled the fan of the light with a huge smirk, another one was doing Theater and Gwen was throwing something at the astronaut kid.

"Holy shit!" Y/N exclaimed, unsure if she was supposed to be excited that she would spend her summer with absolute morons, or anxious.

"Gooo! Crank it too high, I can take the G's!" The astronaut kid screamed from his place by the fan.

"Nurf, you don't crank shit! Get down from there, Space kid!" Gwen yelled at both the boy who was controlling the speed of the ceiling fan and the astronaut kid.