Chapter 26

Suga's POV
"Daichi.."

"Oikawa. You all must be tired, if you would, would you all mind taking some time to rest while Suga and I discuss something?" Daichi asked politely. Oikawa shrugged and said a thanks as we allowed them inside and someone took the small group elsewhere to rest.

Daichi and I returned to our home. Daichi looked a bit shocked as well.

"Uhm, Daichi?" I mumbled with a tiny smile.

"I'm fine. Did you hear what he said?"

"Yeah. So.. They did find Tsukishima. Or at least Yamaguchi found Tsukishima."

"And he's alive, uninfected." 

"I know. It means that he's the cure we've been looking for... But-"

"I know, Suga. But we need that cure. We both knew it'd result in a death..." Daichi said, putting his hand on my shoulder. I frowned quietly and looked away from him and at my daughter. She was just holding onto me, unsure what was happening.

"Suga, look at me."

"..?"

"We have to get that cure. For everyone here and elsewhere. There are so many families here. And what about our family, and our daughter?" Daichi said sternly. I nodded quietly in understanding. He was right... It would be one life for everyone else. But, I still don't want to do it. 

"Okay.."

"Alright. I'm going to go talk to Oikawa. Stay here, and rest." Daichi mumbled, giving me a soft kiss before walking off. Our daughter watched him go before I just carried her upstairs to head to bed. She didn't want to be left alone, so I kept her with me until she ended up falling asleep in my arms.

Well, I don't really want to be alone either, so I kept her in my arms and just wandered about in circles around the room. I was worried. I know how important a cure or vaccine is, especially with so many families and kids in this settlement, but I still feel awful.

I highly doubt that Tsukishima will be very willing to do it once he knows what must be done. And I know that Yamaguchi will be even less than willing. He'd be losing someone he loves. And I feel like it would be because of me. 

Few Hours Later: Yamaguchi's POV

"Tsukishima." Tsukki and I turned our heads when Oikawa walked over. I smiled at him, but he seemed a bit worried about something. He gave a polite hello to me and Tsukki before sighing softly.

"Hello Yamaguchi.. I need to borrow Tsukishima for a moment." Oikawa said quietly. I nodded slightly as Tsukki set aside his broom and followed Oikawa. I wonder what they were doing.

I just went back to cleaning up in silence. But after a while, Tsukki wasn't back. Was everything alright..? I set my things aside and went in the same direction that Oikawa took Tsukki off to. But I couldn't find him anywhere.

I got a bit worried, but tried to keep calm. I went around the rest of the camp before going to Oikawa and Iwaizumi's home to see if maybe for some reason they were there. When I got there and knocked, Oikawa opened the door.

"Oh... Yamaguchi."

"Hi.. Uhm, where did Tsukki go? Did you send him on a patrol or something..???"

"..."

"Oikawa..?"

"I'm.. really sorry, Yamaguchi."

"Sorry for, what..? What happened? Where's Tsukki?" I asked, feeling more frantic now. Oikawa turned his head a bit when Iwaizumi walked over to talk to me.

"Yamaguchi, we found out about Tsukishima's bite." He said calmly. But I was anything but calm. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Where is he...?"

"I'm sorry. But he is where he needs to be. A vaccination for all of this is worth too much."

"What..!?"

"Daichi and Suga send their best regards, and they wish you well. But they needed Tsukishima." Iwaizumi said, Oikawa nodding quietly. I looked at both of them for a moment before turning and running to where the gates are. Both Oikawa and Iwaizumi followed after me.

When I reached the gates, the people who guarded and watched them must have looked at me like I was insane as I hit the gates to try and get out. But they could only be opened by whoever was guarding since the door was both heavy, and partly run by electricity.

"You have to let me out..!" I said, beginning to cry.

"Don't let him out. Restrain him." I heard Iwaizumi said. I shook my head when suddenly both my arms were grabbed by two people. 

"No you have to let me out..!" I ended up screaming. Iwaizumi walked around in front of me, watching as I cried and screamed to try and be let out to go find Tsukki. After a while, my body gave in and my voice couldn't even make anymore cries.

"Yamaguchi... I'm sorry. I really am. We all are. But this vaccine could be the difference between the survival and end of all of humanity." Iwaizumi said, leaning down to be eye level with me. I let out a weak cry, my entire body weight being supported by the people restraining me. 

"I'll take him." Iwaizumi said to the two men. He held my up when the others let go of me. My knees buckled and I collapsed into Iwaizumi's chest. He picked me up, Oikawa looking with concern as I was just carried away from the gates.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa ended up taking me back to their home. my mind wasn't registering too much as I was laid in a bed. Why was I here... I should be out there to find Tsukki. 

"Hajime..?"

"He needs to sleep. And we can't leave him alone. Come on." I heard two voices say before walking away. The door closed while I laid there and stared at the ceiling, my eyes exhausted from the crying. Yet more tears fell down my cheeks and stained the pillow under my head.

"Tsukki..." Please, let this be a nightmare.