Chapitre 5

The Derenoğlu family had another dinner without Han. They might be not the most affectionate siblings in the world, but they love their gathering around the same table, since it's the only time in the day when they get to be together.

For Gulben, Han was there for her every time she needed him since coming back from US. Gulben believed that Han loves Inci more than anything in his life. She saw him smile whenever he is around her. Gulben have to admit that Inci spread good energy and vibes. Even Gulben was capable of feeling it. Their love reminds her of the many tales she loved reading, it's a shame that it ends this way.

Han was in his room, burying himself with work, when he turned to find a hesitant and nervous Gulben standing at his desk.

Han: "What's wrong Gulben?"

Gulben: "Can I talk to you?"

Seeing his nod; she added.

Gulben: "I want to visit Inci but I need to ask for a favor."

Han was surprised at his sister's idea.

Gulben: "You remember that day, when I went with Inci to the café and she sent you a picture of us?"

Han nodded again. How could he forget that day? He was terrified when Gulben got lost, and extremely disappointed and sad when she hurt Esra.

Gulben: "That day, I told Inci that I like balloons just like her, so she bought me some. she even showed me the necklace you got to her. She was happy while talking about you."

She continued.

Gulben: "I believe that you guys were the real deal. Don't give up on your love just like you've always told me."

For the first time and since a long time, Han graced Gulben with one his beautiful and genuine smiles.

Gulben: "Now, Will you help me with that favor?"

****************************

Inci was improving physically, she even got better at using the walking stick by now, but anyone who knew her before the accident could tell that she was less enthusiastic and energetic than usual.

One week had passed since Han's visit to her. she was still in distress, fearing he might show up at her doorstep anytime.

Han didn't show up at her door, yet she was surprised to receive the most unexpected visitor. When her Dede came to her room announcing the visit of their neighbor Gulben, Inci's jaw dropped from surprise.

Inci knew that Gulben is a reserved girl. She is shy, timid, and prefers to keep her distance, like the rest of her family.

Why was she there to see her?

Did Han ask from her to visit her?

Million questions were running in Inci's head in that moment, but she smiled to her Dede before asking him to invite her guest into the room.

She will have to act as if she is seeing her for the first time. She was able to deceive Han, her husband and who knew her very well; she can manage Gulben.

If Inci learned something from this amnesia masquerade is that she needs to hear more, and to speak less, in order to avoid getting caught.

"Can I come in?"

Gulben's voice brought her back to the present moment.

Inci: "Of course! Come in."