Chapter 50: Breaking the News

Start from the beginning

"What? Didn't want to wait for me?" Rhodey crossed his arms again, shaking his head in disbelief. His hatred to this man was like none other.

But he was raised to respect authority. In his home and in the army.

"Still no word from Vision?" Ross asked tiredly, not wanting to deal with the Avenger at the moment.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh." Rhodey sighed while shaking his head.

"On a stolen Quinjet with five of the world's most wanted criminals." Ross stated as if to remind Rhodey of just how important it is to find him.

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?" Rhodey was becoming sick of the way Ross viewed his friends.

"My god, Rhodes. Your talent for horse shit rivals my mind." Ross skimmed through the papers on the table in front of him.

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here." Rhodey fired back. Ross stood up while glaring at the man.

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel." Ross walked towards Rhodes.

"That's right." Rhodes smirked with a small nod. He stepped forward.

"You have second thoughts?" Ross asked.

Rhodes crossed his arms and stared Ross directly in the eyes. "Not anymore."

There was the sound of a door opening which drew the two men's attention away from each other.

In walked Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, San Wilson, Wanda Maximoff, Pietro Maximoff, and Vision. Vision was being held up by Sam, badly injured in the side.

Steve's suit was ripped and torn, and had darkened a lot. His hair long and loosely slicked back with his beard covering most of his face.

Natasha had short blonde hair with brown roots. Her suit was much different then her last as an Avenger. Green around the stomach and chest while black along the rest.

Sam had on his wings and suit. His suit was also a little torn, but it was no where bears as torn as Steve's.

Pietro had on a skin tight suit, fit for his speed. His hair shorter than before the Avengers fallout. Wanda had ripped jeans and a sweater, her red hair down over her shoulders. She was the only one not in uniform.

Vision had on his phasing suit and cape. The Mind stone sitting on his head, the one of few things Thanos desperately seeks in the world.

"Mr.Secretary." Captain Rogers greeted the hologram, the six standing up the steps staring at him.

Ross stared at the group in disbelief. He couldn't believe they just showed up at a time like this.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross looked between Natasha and Steve, not finding there appearance all to sweet. After all that has happened.

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha remarked, remembering her encounter with the man.

Ross turned to look at Steve, who held his hands on his belt with his chin held high.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Ross raised an eyebrow at to the beautiful bearded man.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost its best defender, so we're here to fight." Steve implied Tony Stark being that defender.

Captain Rogers stepped down the stairs and stood directly in front of the hologram of Ross. "And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you too."