"Lying is bad, V," he joked, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"You're annoying," she nudged him, but still had a smile on her lips.

Evie and Embry were sat across each other on a red and whit banket at a diner. The light was reflecting on the black and white dalled floor. The sky was of a orange and pinkish shade as the sun was setting. It was the old diner they used to hang out in with Jacob and Quil when they were younger. It was actually the first time Evie went back there since a month or so. She went on a date there with Jacob. She remembered it crystal clear.

"Out of all people, it had to be Paul." Jacob complained, making Evie laugh. "I mean, seriously? Paul? I can't believe he'll be part of my family now."

"Come on, it's not that bad." Evie tried to relativise. "You can't do anything about it, anyway. He imprinted on Rachel."

"But... it's Paul!" Jacob exclaimed, making Evie laugh once again.

"Stop it, will you," she smiled. "And I think it's a pretty good match. I mean, his playfulness will balance with Rachel's seriousness and vise versa."

"You're always so positive," he smiled.

"That's why I'm your imprintee. You tend to always dramatise everything." she joked. Jacob scoffed.

"I certainly don't!" he defended. Evie rolled her eyes.

"Please," she scoffed. "Remember that art project in middle school? Quil splashed his soda on your work and you didn't talk to him for a whole week."

"It was totally justified." Jacob said a matter of factly.

"And how?"

"I worked so hard on it! And it was for you!" Jacob said. Evie frowned as she lost her words, taken aback.

"What?" she managed to say.

"That art project. It was for you." Jacob softly smiled, riminicing the old days. "When it would have been done, I planned to give it to you. But Quil ruined it so I couldn't."

Evie looked at him, a grin on her lips. Her eyes were filled with love as her heart was lighter. Jacob then gently grab her hand and tenderly kissed her fingers, not taking his eyes off her.

"I told you I like you since middle school." he smiled. Evie's smile widden as she leaned in. Jacob did the same and they kissed mid way. "And now I'm mad in love with you." he said against her lips.

That day, they spent hours talking at the diner, before Jacob walked Evie home.

"Did you know the Ross siblings will phase soon?" Embry asked, as he sipped on his raspberry smoothie, bringing Evie back to reality.

Evie widened her eyes.

"Aaron and Sarah? They are on their transition?" Evie asked, dumbfounded. Embry chuckled and nodded.

"Yup, their father told mine. It's just a matter of time before they join the pack now."

"Finally another girl in the pack." Evie said, relieved as Embry laughed. "Sarah's sixteen. With Seth, she's the youngest shifter."

"And Aaron used to have on crush on Leah, didn't he?" Embry asked. Evie chuckled as she sipped in her oreo smoothie.

"He did." Evie nodded. Aaron was around Leah's age, just two months younger. Evie grew up with Aaron, Sarah and their cousin Emy. Aaron was actually Leah's best friend when they were younger. They were always together. Everyone kind of knew Aaron liked Leah. You just had to see the way he looked at her, or how he cared for her and was always there for her. They hanged out a bit less when Leah started to date Sam. But even then, Aaron was always there for her. And when Leah was heartbroken, he was there. But when she phased, she had to distance herself from him. Even though she didn't show it, Leah was hurt, Evie knew it.

"It'll be so awkward when he'll join." Embry cringed. "Imagine their thoughts. And with Sam on top of it! So awkward!"

"Nah, I think it'll be fine." Evie smiled.

"Hey," Embry softly called. Evie looked at him. He suddenly seemed more serious than before. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine," Evie smiled. Embry frowned.

"No, I'm mean, how are you? I know you, V," he said, in all seriousness. Evie knew what he was talking about. She looked down at her smoothie, stirring the liquid with her straw. She felt like she couldn't lie to Embry. No matter how good the lie was, he would always see through her and know.

"I don't know, to be honest," she truthfully said. "I mean, going out, not staying in my room, having fresh air, I feel like it has a good effect on me. I feel kind of lighter. But..."

She sighed. She didn't know how to describe what she felt. She knew she was feeling better yet, she felt like she wasn't. She felt as if she wasn't complete.

"I feel... A void inside." She continued. "Even though I laugh, even though I smile, even though I'm thinking about something else... I feel empty. Like a part was missing. And whatever I do, no matter how I try, that void won't be filled until he comes back."

Evie then felt a hand gently taking hers. She looked up to met Embry's tender eyes. She felt reassured when she saw them. Embry had that strange aura around him that make you feel comfortable, at ease. He always listen to you, look at you when he talks, when you talk. He was attentive and caring. Akways trying to help his loved ones. Always putting people before his ouw persona.

"You're one of the strongest person I know." he softly said. "Jacob is an idiot and he will realise his mistake. But you can mend your own heart. It will take time but I- I mean, we are all here for you."

"Thank you, Em," Evie sincerely smiled. "I really don't know what I would become without you."

"No problem, V. Jacob really doesn't realise how lucky he is to have you."

Evie chuckled, squeezing his hand. She liked Embry's warmness. It was relieving, reassuring.

"Shut up," she smiled and took a sip of her smoothie.