V1: CH 2: Avatar Creation and Golden Membership

Once Mike was comfortable in his tattered bed, he initialized the VR gear and put it on. Closing his eyes as per the instructions of the manual, he felt a tingling sensation as the system accessed his mind. When he opened his eyes again he found himself in a small room covered completely in white with a gold gilded door across from where he was standing. A sweet disembodied female voice greeted him.

"Welcome to the Divine World Online System Gate. Brainwave and body scans show that you are a new player. Would you like to create an avatar?" The voice said.

"Yes"

"System scan completed. The subscription detected in the VR Gear is Gold Level with life time contract. This grants you three gifts for being a Gold member in you first Avatar's account. No bank account attached to you has been detected. Please fill out the form so that a bank of your choosing will attached to this account, for all your trading and earning convenience."

"I don't have a bank account." Mike sadly replied shaking his head slowly. Being an orphan and working at a small convenience store, while earning minimum wage has never given him any reason to have a bank account.

                A small table laden with a pen and paper appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the room.

"Don't worry. Please fill out the form on the table with the name and location of the bank of your choosing, then we will send it to the bank and their system will automatically create an account for you and you will be able to use it by the time you start playing."

                Nodding at the statement of the voice, Mike went to the table and filled out the form naming the bank closest to the store so that he could access it at any time. When he was done the paper and table disappeared.

"Thank you for filling out the form. You can get you Debit card from your specified bank by the next working day. Let us proceed with your Avatar Creation. Please choose your gender."

"Male."

"Please choose your starting race."

                In front of Mike appeared several humanoids wearing simple clothes that looked like him and two arrows floated next to them, one pointing to the left the other to the right. Curios, he touched one of the arrow and the image of the humanoids changed into other races.  Panning through the different races he took notice of the fact the they copied his body down to the last detail, from his small height of 5'3", his plain face, dark brown eyes and messy black hair to his thin lightly muscled body. The only difference is whenever he panned through the different races some parts of his image changed. 

                Panning for several minutes he finally found a race he wanted. Each of the races that appeared had a label floating above their heads. The label that appeared above the head was Ancient Human.

"I choose Ancient Human." Mike said and the other races disappeared leaving only the Ancient Human image of him behind. It looked exactly like a human, except it had white streaks on the hair.

"Would you like to make any changes to your appearance?"

"Yes. Please make the right eye iris red and the pupil, black tear shaped cross and the left eye iris black with red tear shaped cross. Make my hair shoulder length with red streaks instead of white. That is all."

"Please name your avatar."

"Hmmm, I think I'll name him Dilim." Mike replied naming the avatar dark but in his local Filipino language.

"Are you satisfied with your choice?" The voice asked.

"Yes"

"Avatar Creation complete. Now we will proceed to your gold membership gifts. First gift you will start with 10 Stat points for distribution instead of the usual 5. Next, please choose your gold membership weapon or pet."