CHAPTER 6

Ishaan turned around towards Swayam's parents.

"Maa Papa, I'm going back to my home town."

"What? But why?"

"It's the only way Papa will take back the charges on Swayam."

"You don't have to do this Ishaan. We'll fine another way around this. Just don't do this." Swayam's dad tried to reason with him.

"Papa has made his decision and so have I. I can't let him suffer. I'm going to listen to my Papa and do as he says. No matter what I have to do, I'll do it. Just don't tell Swayam where I am or what I'm going to do. Maa Papa I love you both so much and thank you for always supporting me and Swayam. Tell him that I love him. Bye Maa Papa.

"Ishaan—" Swayam's mom started.

"Please don't. It's already hard enough to do this. Don't make it harder for me to leave. Please."

Swayam's mom nodded. "Take care of yourself beta. Always remember that we are here for you no matter what." Ishaan nodded and left to his and Swayam's apartment. 

He entered their flat and looked around. All around him were his memories with his love. Their photos hanging on the wall, the blanket on the sofa that they cuddled up in, everything reminded him of Swayam. A tear ran down his cheek at the thought of never seeing Swayam again. He wiped them up and went into the bedroom. He took out his suitcase and started packing his stuff. He was almost done whrn he saw Swayam's hoodie that he loved in his closest. He reached out for it and changed into it. That way he still had a piece of Swayam with him. 

Ishaan left the room after packing his stuff that also included some of their photos stuffed under his clothes so that his parents won't find them.

A few hours later Ishaan reached his hometown by bus. His bike was still in the city so Swayam could use it. After so many years Ishaan felt numb to the world again. He just stared out of the window not thinking of anything.

When he reached home, his mother came forward to give him a hug but he just stood still and didn't react. When she let him go, he turned towards his room without saying anything. 

"He'll come around. Don't worry too much. Come on, we need to prepare for the wedding thats on Sunday. We just have 3 days left." Ishaan heard his father say to his mom.

The next day Ishaan received a message from Swayam's father saying that he is out of the jail. The case had been withdrawn. Ishaan could finally breath. Swayam's father also informed him that Swayam had locked himself in his room and was refusing to come out. Ishaan knew it would be hard for Swayam to accept but he kept reminding himself that it was for both of their well-being. He had to do it 

It felt like the day of the wedding came by in the blink of an eye. He was going to get married to a woman he knew very little about. He felt sick but he had to do this. 'For Swayam' he kept reminding himself over and over again.