-5-

and that was how we were still in the practice room an hour later. hoseok allowed my brother to come in so he was quietly sitting in the corner of the room waiting for yeonjun and i to finish learning the duet. "wow! you don't seem so awkward around each other anymore, maybe that date did work".

taehyun's head shot up and i could feel his eyes on the back of my head, "date?". i heard him cautiously speak, uh oh. hoseok turned to him and lightly smiled, "ah, i sent them on a date because they were awkward whilst dancing together. i know y/n is your sister so i understand if you get all protective".

i turned my head to my brother and smiled to try and ease the glare i could see on his face. he's extremely over protective of me, ever since i got cheated on in my last relationship. i saw him slowly look back down to his phone and i sighed of relief. "okay let's go over this duet once more!".

*skip*

"date, huh?", he looked at me for a second before turning back to look at the road since he was driving. "we thought of it more as a hang out, since we didn't really know each other". i saw him roll his eyes and i pouted, "you seemed pretty close whilst practicing your duet".

*time skip, day of the competition*

the past two weeks was filled with nonstop practicing, both the duet for the competition and the group dance for the showcase. yeonjun and i were sitting in the back on the small van which was taking us to the competition venue. i was currently doing my makeup whilst yeonjun was playing on his phone.

"ouch", he looked up at me, "what's wrong?". i looked over at him and smiled, "ah it's nothing, i just poked my eyes". i pouted, "are you sure it didn't hurt? i can get you some ice when we get there". he's so sweet. also over the past few weeks, yeonjun and i had gotten really close. we acted as if we had been friends for years.

i finished my makeup and turned to look at him, "what are you playing?". he looked up at me once again and smiled, "i forgot the name but you have to build up a tower and reach the top before anyone else does". i tilted my head, "is this not a game for children?", he gasped dramatically, "and? it's fun". we both burst into laughter.

"okay kids we're here!", hoseok clapped his hands to get our attention. we stood up and grabbed all of our things before getting out of the van and walking to our changing room. yeonjun and i went over the duet many times backstage and kept making sure we had all of the little details right.

"up next we have, kang y/n and choi yeonjun from MOA dance crew!", we looked at each other and whispered good luck before walking onto the stage. (just watch the first pair)

we finished our dance and walked off of the stage. i immediately sat down and held a water bottle t my forehead, "you were amazing!", i smiled at him as he sat down next to me. "correction, we did amazing". he chuckled. now we just had to wait for the winners to be announced.

it wasn't long until all of the other duets had danced and now every dancer was waiting backstage for the winners to be announced. i peered through the curtains to see my brother sitting next to hoseok and an older couple on the other side of him. "are they your parents?", i pointed to the couple.

yeonjun nodded with a smile, "yeah, they've supported me ever since i told them i wanted to dance". i was about to say something until the announcer spoke again. "and the winners are- oh wow! we have our newbies, well done to kang y/n and choi yeonjun from MOA dance crew!". we looked over at each other in shock.