-3-

"y/n! yeonjun! come here! the rest of you can go on a break". the others all breathlessly nodded before walking out of the practice room. yeonjun and i walked over to hoseok and he looked at us with a frown. "you both seem extremely awkward while doing the duet part so.. i'm sending you out on a date".

neither of us responded for a few seconds, "a date?", the dance teacher nodded and took two movie tickets out of his bag. "there's a movie starting in an hour so i'm letting you off early to go and watch it". we were about to object but he picked up our bags and put them next to his. "come back after the movie and we will practice the duet again, i better see chemistry".

he handed the two tickets to yeonjun and we turned to each other. "i guess we don't have a choice", he shrugged and we began walking out of the practice room. as we were leaving, the others were coming back in and they gave us confused expressions. we didn't acknowledge them and left the building, hearing hoseok clapping his hands as we left.

we stopped walking when we got outside, "are we walking?". he nodded and started walking again. soobin was right when he said yeonjun didn't talk much. we walked in silence for a few minutes until i was bored of it, "why don't you talk to me? we've never actually had a conversation".

he shrugged once again, "there's never been anything to talk about". i smiled to myself and grabbed his wrist before pulling him to the nearest bench and sitting down. "name, age, hobbies, go". he seemed taken aback by what i had said and sighed before speaking.

"choi yeonjun, 19, dancing and singing.. i also like rapping too". i lightly gasped, "you need to sing for me!", he looked quite cautious about it, "i mean, if you want to! i'm not going to force you if it makes you uncomfortable". he quietly nodded and i smiled again.

"well i'm kang y/n, i'm 18 years old and i'm the same as you- well apart from rapping because i'm not good at that". i giggled and saw a smile make its way onto his face. i clapped excitedly and we stood back up, continuing our walk to the movie theatre.

after another few minutes of small conversations, we made it to the theatre. he took the two tickets out of his pockets and handed them to the vendor. the person working there immediately handed us some popcorn and drinks. "but we didn't order this". the worker smiled, "your dance teacher came by earlier and pre ordered the food for you".

we were speechless but took the food and drinks anyway. once we made it into the screening room and sat down, i had realised what kind of movie it was. i whined like a child and buried my face into my hoodie. "what's wrong?", i looked up at yeonjun and pouted, "i hate horror movies".

he chuckled at my behaviour and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. this shocked me and i looked at our hands with wide eyes, he must have noticed because he laughed quietly. "you can squeeze my hand if you get scared". i nodded while closing my eyes and looking back up to the movie which was just starting.

the whole movie went exactly how you'd imagine it would. me getting scared and hiding into his chest, him just laughing at my reactions and not getting scared at all. after the final jumpscare, the credits rolled and i let out a massive sigh of relief before pulling myself out of yeonjuns grip.

"you really don't like horror, huh?". i playfully hit his shoulder "oh shut up", he laughed again. we finally got up and left the theatre. "why did you dye your hair pink?", i struck up a conversation as we walked. he turned his head to look at me with a small 'hm'. "i just wanted to try something different, i guess".

"and why did you dye your hair blonde?", i giggled to myself, "my brother and i made a bet, which i lost, but he ended up dying his hair with me so now we're both blonde". the boy laughed and i laughed with him. we made it back to the dance studio and there was still another two hours until practice was over.

"ah you're back!", hoseok clasped his hands together and smiled as we walked through the door. "why would you make us watch a horror movie", i whined and he chuckled. "seeing you scared was so funny", yeonjun laughed once again and hoseok laughed along with him. i hit his shoulder and he laughed even louder.