Fitting In

Hana's POV

It's always a special treat to me whenever I hear news that (Y/N) gets another day off school due to certain holidays that demand days off or just simply a non-instructional day. It means I get more spending time with him rather then the usual meeting and greeting each other every morning before he spends half the day at a desk learning while I spend that same half of the day working at my new job. The only real time we spend together is the other half of the day when school is over and work is over. But not today, today we could spend the whole entire day together... well he could really.

It was a non-instructional day for (Y/N), a Pro-D day is what I remember it being called back in high school. As I stated before it was always a great feeling to hear him come home and say tomorrow is a non-instructional day. Since I stayed at home most of the time, it ment it was easier for us to bond. But ever since I signed that contract with Overwatch, I have been going to work for most of my days. I know that since my job isn't that demanding, Ana mentioned that I could easily work from home. But I'm still new, and I want to leave a good impression. So that means technically we can't spend the entire day to hang out.

Luckily I managed to convince (Y/N) to come to work with me. It wasn't one of those bring your pet to work day type thing. The way (Y/N) sees it, he sees this as a little beginner tour, see what a career here looks like. Ever since I mentioned (Y/N)'s name to Jack Morrison and what he's been up to at school, he's been interested in offering him a position here at Overwatch's (field of work) once he graduates and receives his (bachelors, diplomas, masters, etc).

The E-Sports Training Facility was starting to look more alive. It had only been a week since I became the first member of the Overwatch E-sports team, and now we were at full capacity. The diversity of players were much more compared to MEKA, who were made of primarily Koreans. Saying that makes me wonder who replaced me back at MEKA.

I spent most of the time inside my private office with (Y/N) crashing down on that big white bunny plushie bean bag chair behind me as I streamed a game. (Y/N) didn't bring in his laptop to play along side me today unfortunately, perhaps he doesn't want another butt whipping from me. He was instead scrolling through social media, and would occasionally read out loud new stories that would interest me, even interest me to disbelief, but at least I got an answer to my previous question.

(Y/N): "Umm... Hana. I don't know how to tell you this, but. I should just show you."

(Y/N) got off the bean bag chair, and left a hefty indentation on the surface before shifting to my side where the viewers only saw half of his side on stream. He held his phone in front of me where I took the phone off his hand and held it in a way to let my eyes adjust to its screen. His phone displayed the front page of the official MEKA E-sports team Twitter account. They had made a new post only a few minutes ago and had me wanting to puke the moment I peaked at the photo below. I didn't even need to read the caption above because the photo attached had already made the message clear. "Please welcome the newest addition to the team Kyung-soo Han @King" the caption above stated.

Hana: "How dare they replace me with him! Unbelievable MEKA! Of all the people why my rival?" I completely lost it that I could have smashed my defenseless keyboard or even (Y/N)'s phone.

(Y/N): "I get your struggle Hana, but you need to calm down a bit."

Hana: "Yeah you're right (Y/N), I'm sorry. It's just that-"

(Y/N): "I get it Hana. Here let me get you a drink to help calm you down."

(Y/N) took back his phone from me and stepped outside to fetch me a drink. I was left feeling unpleased with what I just witnessed that I kept muttering out a bunch of indescribable gibberish to my viewers as I resumed my game. Hard to understand vocally with what I was saying, but completely understandable through my face and body language.