Meet Me at the Cemetery

The night before

Brrring!

I walked over to the other side of the room and answered the phone.
"Yeah-lo?"
"Kurt?"

Oh crap.

"Hey, Veronica?" I answered in disbelief.

"Sorry about the other night, I just couldn't decide which of you two 'hot gentlemen' I wanted to be with. And then I realised: Why decide at all?"

"Wait, what?" I asked, confused by her response.

"Meet me at the cemetery at dawn."

I glanced over at Ram, who was watching me expectantly. "Who? Me or Ram?" There was a long silence.

"Yes."

She hung up immediately after this, and left me staring at the phone in shock. Ram noticed my discomfort.

"Kurt, you okay, buddy?" He asked in a concerned tone. I swallowed, not wanting to dampen the mood.
"So, remember how there was that rumor spreading around the school about us and Veronica?" I asked in a low voice.
"It was this morning, Kurt. Of course I remember." I could practically hear his eyes rolling in the back of his head.
"Well, she just told us to meet her at the cemetery early tommorow morning, to make it real," I continued, careful not to be too loud. Ram snorted. "And what did you say?"
"I didn't get the chance to say anything. She hung up right after saying that. What should we do?"
"Did she give you a choice?" He asked nervously.
"I'm not quite sure," I replied. "It seemed more like an order."
"And since when do you listen to what a girl has to say about this kind of thing?" He responded mockingly.
"I don't know. I guess I just wanted to go and see if she was serious or not. If she is, then we'll find a way to get out of it, if not, then at least there's no harm done."
Ram sighed. "I guess you're right. I would much rather be spending time alone with you than being joined by one of the Heather's, but I suppose we'll still be together." I nodded before saying, "We'll leave around 6:30 to get there before sunrise. Thankfully Dad is on a fishing trip, so we won't have to worry about him."

Sounds good," Ram said as he leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away. Not here-it was too risky. "We should go to sleep," I explained, "We've got a big day tomorrow." He nodded, clearly disappointed by my response. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea," he said as he laid down next to me, "Goodnight, Kurtie."

"Goodnight. I-"

I stopped myself from saying I love you. God knew who was listening in on our conversations, and I wasn't about to take any chances. We laid there in silence, wishing we could say those three words in public without fear.