Chapter 52: The Perfect Night - Special Night Part 2

Începe de la început

“Adrian, that is not the reason I’m here and you know that. I’m here because I need to work on myself. The way I have been treating you is not right or fair. You deserve to receive the same amount of love that you give me. I have been acting so... Horrible, and even... Psychotic-”

“No you haven’t-”

“That is a lie. Because I killed a female for hitting on you!! That’s not normal! Then I went and accused you for going behind my back and cheating! I am not normal, and I need to fix that!-”

“Baby, let’s talk about this another time, please? I want this night to be completely perfect. One night, with no argument or misunderstandings, okay?” I was shocked. But only with myself.

“Yes, of course. I’m so sorry-” He quickly pulls me in for another kiss before I could say anymore. When he lets go, I lay my head onto his chest, and into his neck.

He brings his right arm to wrap around my hips, and he brings his left hand up to the back of my head as he holds me lovingly. I could faintly hear the beat of his heart, and it was so relaxing to say the least.

I loved this. This is more than perfect. As I lay here, in his arms and listening to his heartbeat and watching the fire that is only a few feet away from us... I couldn’t have asked for a better night. The flower petals were still scattered everywhere. Candles lit all around. It just couldn’t get any more romantic than this, and I’ve never felt so happy.

“Can I ask you something?” He asks after a while, his voice startling me. “Of course you can.” I simply answer, without moving an inch. “Earlier today in the forest... How did you know I’d be there?”

“I didn’t. I was just out hunting-”

“I’m really not buying that. What’s the real reason?”

“What makes you think there’s something else?”

“I can sense it within you. I just can’t figure it out, but I can feel it.” He answers as he continues to play with my hair. I then hesitated before telling him the truth.

“Do you remember that dream I had? About you storming out of the shop.... And I found you later on, dying in a field with my attackers dead on the ground?”

“I do.” He answers quietly. “Even though you said that would never happen, and that I’d have nothing to worry about... I continued to have that same dream after coming here. I couldn’t stand it. Then the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach, was worsening and was making me sick... I needed to do something to at least distract my mind, so I grabbed a few guns and went out. Little did I know... That dream would actually come true, and there you were... With my attackers. And a third person that was hiding with... A death scythe. Just as he was about to kill you was when I shot him. Then the others.”

I was trying so hard not to break down. “My dream came true, Adrian. You may not have died... But I can’t stand to think that you wouldn’t even be here right now if I never had that dream... We wouldn’t be having this... Most beautiful night together if I hadn’t saved you! I wouldn’t be laying here, in your arms-”

“Shh... It’s okay, baby-”

“It’s not okay! Something or someone was warning me this would happen! And if I hadn’t-”

“I’m okay, though. I’m right here.” He says as he gently tightens his hold on me. “I’m not going anywhere. I have you to thank. Thank you so much for saving me, baby. I’m so sorry for bringing it up.”