1

Chloe POV
I was pacing my bathroom as I was waiting for the timer to beep. I had the stick upside down on the sink. I am home alone sick while Thomas is at work. I've been sick for a few days and then I realised, I hadn't had my period in almost 2 months so I went to the drug store.

The beep finally sounded and I took a breath to see if the life changing two lines would appear. I squinted to see and I saw it, the second line. I bought my hand to my mouth as I smiled and tears welled in my eyes. I'm pregnant! '7 weeks' the test says. I was so happy, until I turned on my phone.
News articles were flooding my notifications. 'Riots break out in LA in response to presidential election' said one, 'Trump supporters swarm streets, armed, people advised to stay in their homes' said another. I started to panic. Thomas is still at work, is he ok?!

I pressed his contact on my phone,
'please pick up' I mumbled to myself.
"Chloe? Are you ok?" I could hear the panic in his voice.
"Yeah I'm fine. Are you ok?! Please tell me you are!" I looked down at the test in my hand.
"Ye I'm fine. Look Chloe you need to start packing. Just a few clothes and essentials. We need to leave"
"Tommy they're telling everyone to stay indoors. We can't leave the house!"
"They will swarm the houses chlo! We need to leave, leave the country"
"What?!"
"I know but it's the only safe way. I'm coming ho-" there is silence
"Tommy! Are you there can you hear me?!"
The phone hung up. I start to panic and tried to turn on the TV but it wouldn't work. There was no service, they must be breaking down the towers. I did what Thomas said and started packing our stuff. I put a few clothes in the suitcases and toothbrushes and stuff like that.

It has been half an hour since I talked to Thomas and I'm starting to worry. Why isn't he home yet? I'm still in the middle of packing but I sat on the bed and put my hand on my still flat stomach. Please come home soon Tommy.

New story!