Chapter 14; All Around Me Part 1.

(( NOTE: Yes, i was listening to multiple sad songs while writing this.)) 

(Y/n) stood in terror, countless titans standing around her in a circular position. Her heart pounded, wind lashing wildly against her face and slamming into her sides.

The titans smiled in her direction, bending down, all of their hands reaching for her at once.

(Y/n) held her hands to her chest, clutching her blades in horror. Lightning flashed in the distance, lighting up the glimmering and widened eyes of each an every titan that stared down at her hungrily.

"Levi, I wish I could've been the one to stay by your side..."

--- Five days earlier ---

(Y/n) was in the courtyard, training her ass off. She was eager to get back on the front lines, unable to rest at night with the lack of movement.

She was nearly healed enough to get back to work, throwing a kick at a dummy that stood in front of her.

She could see the Scouts returning from a expedition, keeping her eye out for Levi.

When she spotted him, she waved over to him when he noticed her.

He walked over, crossing his arms. "How's the training?"

"Actually, it's a lot easier, I should be joining the next expeditions in no time-" Levi cut her off with a glare. "No."

"What? But I'm nearly healed!" She argued, but he still shook his head stubbornly. "Absolutely not, you'll just injure yourself again and I'll have to come save you."

(Y/n) hit him playfully in the shoulder. "Oh come on! Why so grumpy?"

He frowned in irritation. "Im being serious, I can't always be there to save you, you know."

(Y/n) swallowed any response he wouldn't like. "I know, then I'll just have to save myself," she responded honestly. That's why she was training, so nothing like what had caused her injuries ever happened again.

But Levi still shook his head. "Injured soldiers shouldn't return to the battle field."

"But im not-" 

He frowned at her again, and she rolled her eyes with a grumble. "You're such a short, stubborn, idiot," she mumbled under her breath, but he still heard her.

"Watch what you say," he warned her sternly. (Y/n) only nodded. "Alright, I'm sorry."

...

"... Anyways," He seemed like he was trying to say something, but he fumbled his words. "Do you want to tea make with- I mean," he placed his index finger on his head with exhaustion. "What I meant to say was," his eyes were looking up at her, but his face was still pointed toward the ground as he talked. "Would you like to make some tea with me, (Y/n)?"

Her heart pounded against her chest, and she tilted her head with a soft smile. "Id love too."

---

"Can you hand me that?" Levi asked, pointing toward a container of tea bags. "Of course," (Y/n) responded, passing it over to him, careful not to drop it. He took it from her, their fingers slightly grazing each other's.

(Y/n) felt her cheeks grow red, but she didn't flinch nor freak out, she simply held in any reaction and went back to filling up the teapot with water. Levi placed two teabags in the teacups that sat on the wooden table behind them.

Placing the teapot on the burner, she turned back to Levi and waited for it to heat up. Levi stood without speaking, watching the tea awaiting it to start hissing.