Hide and Seek, and an Awkward Statement

Start from the beginning

"Yeah! Pansy and Her-mion-e was playing with me!" He said, struggling and failing to properly pronounce Hermione, causing Harry and Hermione to giggle softly at him.

"Oh they were? Well that's awfully nice of them isn't it Dragon?"

"Mhm!" He beamed.

Harry smiled warmly at Draco, then walked over to the others, sitting down on the couch. "So how are you guys?"

Everyone answered almost the same, each person replying with a slightly different version of 'Good.' The five conversed for a while, before Draco got bored and started pulling at Harry's sleeve trying to get his attention.

Feeling Draco pulling at his sleeve, Harry looked down at the toddler. "What is it Dray?"

"I bored." He pouted.

"You're bored? Well we can't have that now can we?"

Draco giggled softly and shook his head no.

"Hmm... well... we could all play a game?" Harry suggested. "Are you guys okay with that?"

"Of course we are Harry." Hermione said, looking at the rest of them. "Right guys?" Everyone else nodded in agreement.

Draco was bouncing excitedly in Harry's lap. "Game! I wan play a game Hawwy!"

Harry chuckled. "Well what game do you want to play?"

Draco sat there, thinking for a minute, before he answered. "Hide and seek?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course. Hide and seek good with you guys?" Harry asked. Everyone nodded again. "Hide and seek it is!" He declared. "Do you want to hide or seek first Dragon?"

"Umm... I wan seek wif you Hawwy." He said, wrapping his arms around him.

Harry smiled. "Anything for you Dray."

Everyone watched the interaction with smiles, Ron's eyebrows going up at the last sentence. He didn't say anything though, just sat there. Blaise spoke up. "Wow Harry, I guess Pans wasn't lying when she told me how you spoil him and how he's completely attached to you." He said with a smile.

Harry smiled. "Yeah, I guess I do spoil him, don't I?" He said, ruffling Draco's hair, causing the toddler to giggle.

Draco smiled widely up at Harry. He snuggled a little closer into him. "Dey might be our friends," he gestured to the others, "But you my favorite!" Draco declared. He hugged Harry tightly.

Everyone was a little surprised at that, but they were more surprised at Harry's response than Draco.

"You know, I think you're my favorite too Dragon." Harry replied without hesitation.

"The bloody hell do you‐" Ron was cut off by Hermione elbowing him.

"Shut up Ronald!" She hissed. "If you have a problem you can talk to Harry when Draco isn't in the room!"

"Sorry 'Mione." He mumbled sheepishly.

Pansy cleared her throat. "So, are we going to play hide and seek?"

"Hide and seek. Right. Okay so you guys are gonna hide, me and Draco will find you guys. There's no off limits, just don't mess with me or Draco's stuff." Harry said, wanting to escape the awkwardness that had risen in the room, that undoubtedly he had a large part in causing.

Everyone nodded their agreement, and then Harry carried Draco over to a corner, where they stood facing the wall.

"Okay, we're gonna count now, go on and hide guys."

"Ya! Go hide!" Draco said enthusiastically. He held on tightly to Harry as they counted. Once they got to one hundred, Draco called out. "Ready or not here we come!" He giggled. He wiggled out of Harry's arms and excitedly ran around the flat. He went about finding everyone. They played a couple of times before Draco got tired. They were all sitting in the living room after the last game, when Draco yawned and reached up at Harry.

"Hawwy? I sleepy." He said.

"Yeah? Well I think it's time for a nap then, isn't it?" Harry replied, picking him up.

Draco nodded sleepily in response.

"Well then my sleepy Dragon, lets go lay you down." Harry said to Draco, before looking at his friends. "I'll be right back." He carried Draco into his bedroom and changed him into snake-patterned pajamas. He laid Draco down in his bed, tucking him in. He kissed his head. "Have a good nap Dragon." He walked back out to the living room, waiting for the inevitable question to be asked.

"So.." Ron said. "Draco's your favorite then?"