𝒊 ━ fragments

FRAGMENTS,
by Iydiamartin

— completed or on-going?: on-going

completed or on-going?: on-going

genre: fanfiction
universe: the (69th) hunger games

short summary:
"had bellamy not volunteered, he wouldn't be sent out for slaughter. had he not volunteered, he wouldn't be a pawn in the capitol's sick game of exploitation; the young and desirable fan favourite with a lionheart and haunting blue eyes – a rare and unusual sight to behold from district nine, making him all the more of a target to tributes whilst the crowd swayed in his favour.

⠀⠀⠀⠀then again, had bellamy not volunteered, he'd never have gotten to live out his final lasting days with her."

reader's notes:

okay, WOW! where do i even begin?

•  this is honestly up there with the best writing i've seen ever, let alone on wattpad. the story flows so naturally, as does the thoughtful dialogue and the action scenes we've had so far.

•  not to mention, their worldbuilding is INCREDIBLE!!! they took district nine, which suzanne collins had basically left untouched, and they made this intricate backstory for it with believable characters and a fleshed out setting that feels so authentic. unashamed to say this skill was 100% my inspiration in writing iron and pushed me to really think about the fabric of district six.

• it's also very refreshing to see a vulnerable main male protagonist! bellamy is breaking stereotypes of toxic masculinity left, right and centre, and it feels like a breath of fresh air. also each character, however small their appearance, has an importance when you meet them and i love that.

• talented, amazing, show-stopping, spectacular—

• liv, seriously, if you ever do pursue a career as an author, YOU ARE GOING PLACES!!! i'll be keeping my eyes peeled in the airports for a good read on a flight, and i'll be like "I KNEW IT" 👏