Wrong

John and Sherlock walked through the door into 221b, John almost running up the stairs to the flat they had once shared. John turned around to see no one behind him.

“Sherlock?” John looked down the stairs waiting for that familiar face to pop into view, it never happened. John started panicking, “SHERLOCK!” he screamed.

Then, John woke up in Sherlock’s chair. He tried to stand up, but as soon as he tried he fell on the floor breaking down into a fit of sobs. He heard Mrs. Hudson Running up the stairs.

When she saw John in the middle of the floor crunched in a fetal position,  she immediately crouched next to John and shook him, “John, John,” gaining no response from John she turned him around and looked him in the eyes, “what happened, John?”

John, still sobbing looked at Mrs. Hudson, “I...I thought he was back, I went to the cemetery and,” John trembled, “I tried to shoot myself, but he stopped me, “ John started sobbing more, “he held me in his arms…..and… it felt so real.” John tried to sit up but his body wouldn’t let him, “then… I woke up in his chair…and…it was all a dream.” John looked up at Mrs. Hudson, “how can a dream feel so real?”

Mrs. Hudson, who had tears in her eyes looked down at John, “I don’t know.” After a moment Mr. Hudson spoke up, “Do you need help up?”

“No I’ll get up on my own” the tears had subsided leaving an empty John laying on the floor staring into nothingness.