"Just getting things started," Alex says. "The stage is yours, your highness."

"First thing's first. We're all getting there the same day. Same flight for most of us," Brooks says. His eyes catch mine.

Yes, I'll be flying solo from Seattle.

"Flying direct, right?" Nate asks.

"Actually, change of plans on that. We fly into Miami. My dad's boat is gonna be ready to go. Crew and everything."

"Crew? Is this a boat or yacht?" Alex grins.

"The Star will have rooms for all couples. So first come first serve. Behind us of course." Brooks glances at me. Everyone else follows suit.

"And us," Brody adds matter-of-factly.

Brooks goes into detail about what happens when we arrive, exactly how many islands we'll be hopping, and the fact that all expenses are paid for –compliments of Mr. Brooks. Something about it being a guest experience for launching his new line of mobile yacht hotels.

I've heard it all and no complaints here.

"So we don't have every single second planned, right?" Alex asks.

"Yea what about some spontaneous jet skiing or treasure hunting?" Nate jokes.

"Treasure hunting?" Meg raises her eyebrow.

"Yea or some other nautical shit," Nate says.

"There's pirate in all of us," Alex says, serious.

Pirate treasure hunting? Not too far off from a 1920s flapper party. I mean, very far off, but not.

"There will be plenty of time between islands. Plenty of time for trouble," Brooks promises. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"There's nothing you wouldn't do." I roll my eyes. I stab a slice of cantaloupe on my plate.

"Brooks loves craziness," Brody says, clapping his brother on the back.

"Nothing wrong with a little craziness you know. It's good for you. Chaos keeps the soul in order." Nate shrugs, cool and casual.

"Yea yea. Let's just all keep ourselves in order," Meg says. "Or I will."

"Safe trip is a happy trip," Lauren coos.

Before I know it, four hours have gone by. We order pizzas for lunch, drink beer, and listen to loud music. Throwback songs that remind me of ten years ago.

Whit and Lauren bore me with details about their newest bikinis. Meg and I plan the girls' night for the trip –the one night that guys and girls will be separated. Aka the REAL bachelorette party for Trix. We start by browsing the web for the slinkiest and sexiest white lingerie we can find.

"Can't believe we're only like two weeks out," Lauren says, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I'm so used to this it hardly bothers me anymore.

"I know, can't wait to get my tan on." Whit sighs.

I see Meg roll her eyes behind Whit's head. I'm thinking the same thing. Whit is perpetually tan, perpetually sun-kissed.  She doesn't need any help from the islands.

"I know. Can't wait to see all the boys shirtless," I blurt out. Anything to lighten the mood.

"Getting bored with your boo?" Lauren jokes.

"Please. Who could get bored of Brooks's abs? Please," Whit says.

Meg stares at me, but I shrug.

"What she said." I throw back my beer.

"I for one can't wait to see this mega yacht," Meg says.

"It's unreal. Brody was showing me pics. I guess his dad sent them over." Lauren says.

A small bubble of jealousy bursts in my heart. Brooks didn't bother to show me any pictures of Star Yacht.

Focus, Em.

Lauren pulls her phone out and starts swiping through the pictures that Brody sent her. The girls ooh-and-ahh over the yacht. I have to admit it's low-key to die for.

Two. More. Weeks.

The hype is real. What I need now more than ever is a solid week away in the Caribbean.

Can't wait for a tan line on a very important ring finger.

...

"That went well," I say, snuggling into Brooks's shoulder. "You make good plans."

"Hey I can't take credit. It's easy for people to plan a free vacation," Brooks says.

"Don't I know it," I laugh. I breathe in the smell of Brooks and press my lips to his skin. "It's a really great thing you're doing –for Trix and Travis."

I hope he knows what I mean –that I know taking anything from his dad must be hard. If any two people are worth it –it's Trix and Travis.

"Ah, they deserve it. Plus, it won't be so bad. Been a while since you and I took a proper vacation."

"Oh yea? Did we not just spend a weekend nestled in a cozy cabin?" I tease.

"Not the same thing. It's not a real vacation if there's no plane travel." Brooks squeezes my stomach.

"Haha, so then the last trip we took was –Vail?" I furrow my brow.

"That's right," Brooks nods. "And what a memorable trip that was."

"Mhmm." I nod. "Skiing. Snowing. Champagne."

"I was thinking about the rave, hot tub, and the incredible sex." Brooks suggests.

"Hey!" I swat his arm. "It's always incredible sex."

"Speaking of..." Brooks trails off as his fingers trace the curve of my spine. They stop just above my ass.

He pulls one of my legs over his chest. I can feel him already hardening beneath me. I can feel the cool silk fabric of his shorts against my bare skin. Cozy cabin sex is the furthest thing from my mind right now.

"Last time for a while," Brooks says. His fingers are already moving inside me. "Let's make it count."

"Couldn't agree more." I moan into his mouth as his lips cover mine.

I succumb to the drug. I welcome the intoxication, the unreal high, as Brooks slides between my legs.