"Who did he tell?" Hayden demanded once more.

"W-who?" Hermione stuttered quietly in confusion, fear starting to dance in her chocolate brown eyes.

"The Weasel. Who Did He Tell?" The raven enunciated, his annoyance starting to shine through in the form of anger.

"I-I" before the Gryffindor could give him a proper answer, they were interrupted by some else interjecting.

"Miss Granger, Mister Snape. Is there a problem?" McGonagall spoke above them from where she stood in front of their desk. She had been doing her rounds around the classroom to make sure everything was going smoothly when she saw what looked like two of her best students arguing. Upon walking closer, she could just make out the tears starting to form in the corners of the brunettes eyes.

Before Hermione could open her mouth, though, Hayden had turned to face the professor with the biggest smile he could.

"Thank you for your concern professor McGonagall, but everything is just fine," The Phoenix beamed, easing some of the worry that had taken over the older woman's features.

"Granger here was just filling me in on everything I've missed. Apparently I can be second in the last task for the tournament. She was just telling me how much she and the other missed having me around" Hayden finished with a happy tone.

For some reason, McGonagall seemed to buy the phony explanation, but he could still see the sliver of suspicion and doubt in her eye.

Oh, well. He didn't much care at the moment as he was currently plotting the deaths of those he called his peers.

—-

Once classes were all done for the day, Hayden and Draco walked back to their room in Slytherin.

Once they were finally in the privacy of their own dorm, Hayden pushed Draco down onto the bed just so he cuddled up close next to the blond.

Draco gasped in surprise as he unceremoniously hit the mattress, but his surprise quickly turned to amusement once Hayden curled into him.

"You know, you could've asked me to get on the bed instead of pushing me down" Draco smirked as he positioned himself so he was leaning up on his forearm.  

"Where's the fun in that?" Hayden whispered with a devilish grin as leaned up into Draco only to bring the blond down on top of him and into a kiss.

Hayden could help the smile that spread across his face as he sighed into the others lips, finally able to relax from the day's events.

All too soon, Draco was pulling away. With a smile on his face, he gently brushed away the dark hair out of Hayden's eyes before his eyebrows furrowed and a small smile graced the Veela's features as he gazed down at his love.

"Something's bothering you. What's wrong?" Draco whispered,

Hayden shrugged as he nuzzled into Draco's chest, breathing deeply before telling the blond about the conversation he had with Granger earlier that morning.

Draco's face had hardened into a scowl by the time Hayden was done telling him the story.

"Hey, stop that" Hayden admonished, "It's not your fault that the Gryffindor's are overly nosey and push themselves into everyone's business. You are not to blame, so stop blaming yourself!"

"I love you" Draco murmured, gently kissing Hayden's forehead before resting his head on his mate's chest, listening to his heartbeat. The two breathed in silence, thinking over their newly shown problem.