Chapter 11

"OK so if I was 10 where would I go?" Naruto asked, still on the roof looking around the village.

"You'd be vandalizing the Hokage Rock." Sasuke wasn't bothering to look around.

"You'd be vandalizing the Hokage Rock." Naruto said mockingly. "You know being a bastard to me isn't going to make that kid appear any faster!"

He sat down on the ground crossed legged and tried his hardest to concentrate.

Push out all the thoughts work. Naruto thought. Focus on the kid. Clear your mind.

He kept that up for about a minute until he gave up.

"I can't do it." Naruto said in frustration. "There's no way I can concentrate on a kid I don't know a day before the inauguration." He ran a hand through his hair. "Any ideas on how we can find him"

"Let's go back to the Leaf's Intelligence Division first and we'll figure it out from there." Sasuke said, starting to run over.

On their way there, however, they spotted the little boy sitting on a bench staring at the Hokage Rock.

"Guess I wasn't too far off." Sasuke said mockingly. "Maybe he's thinking of how to get spray paint."

"Oh, shut up." Naruto said landing near the kid. "Kid!"

"Dad!" The boy screamed, turning towards him.

"Shhh!!!" Naruto rushed over to him and covered his mouth. "Look kid. Call me Naruto. OK? Na-ru-to. I'm not your dad and I don't want anyone thinking that I am."

"Oh." The boy looked to his hands. "OK. Naruto." The boy said with obvious disappointment.

"What are you even doing here?" Sasuke asked, sitting down next to the boy.

"When I walked out of the building, I noticed that mountain and I needed to get a better look at it." The boy said pointing at the stone faces. "That's why I came here."

"Oh, and why is that?" Sasuke sounded suspicious.

"There's a face missing."

Naruto laughed with pride. "Yeah, but not for long! They should finish up my face today."

"No. That's not it." He sighed. "There's someone missing."

Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other with their eyebrows raised. They were slightly amused at the little boy's mannerisms. He had his eyes squinted and he had his hand on his chin.

"Oh yeah and who is missing, kid?" Naruto smiled at Sasuke as he teased the boy.

"I don't remember his name or his face."

Naruto laughed out loud and Sasuke chuckled at the boy's answer.

"He wore a mask." The boy said, pointing beneath Tsunade's face where Naruto's face was being constructed. "His face was there."

Both men stopped laughing.

"What did you just say?" Sasuke asked, making eye contact with the boy.

The boy looked scared of him. "Uh... well I said that there is a man with a mask and he should be right there."

Naruto let out a dry laugh. "I don't know what game you're playing kid, but it's not funny."

"I'm not trying to be funny Da-Naruto. I just know that his face is missing."

Sasuke suddenly stood up and grabbed the boy by the arm. Naruto instinctively reached out to stop him, but the look in Sasuke's face made him stop. "Let's go idiot."

"Go where?"

"Wherever the hell you keep that picture of us." Sasuke was already beginning to walk towards Naruto's old apartment.