Chapter One

𝟏. 𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄

❝'Cause I can feel the warning signs running around my mind. ❞

―  𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑

― 𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐌 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑. The woman groaned as she heard the thud of her now broken alarm clock sprawling against the floor - making this the sixth clock she broke this week. "Oh piss off!" She grumbled and closed her eyes, trying to fall back asleep.

After a few seconds, she was sound asleep that was until her bedroom door opened and the sound of footsteps descending towards her, "Ellie!" Rose shouted in her ear, shaking her awake, "You're covering my shift remember!"

The other young woman pushed her friend off her, growing tired of the shaking, "Will you stop woman!" She exclaimed, making her blonde friend jump back and giggle, avoiding her swipes. "Can't believe you're making me cover your shift just so you can see Mickey, you can do that any day but no. . . have to be with your boyfriend. . ."

Rose giggled as she left the bedroom, not before noticing that the other was angrily muttering to herself, as she forced herself out of her purple-coloured bed sheets, complaining about being woken up.

Ellie walked up to her wardrobe, looking at the stickers and photos that covered its doors and pulled the right one open, she reached into the enclosed space and grabbed the outfit she had planned the night before, if she had to go to work then she had to look good.

She walked out of the room to see her best friend, Rose sitting on the sofa with a mug in hand, stirring in her sugar, Ellie couldn't but wonder where her mum was, after all, it was usually quiet, and if Jackie was here she'd be ranting and raving about something on TV.

Rose sent her best friend a questioning look, seeing her lost in thought, "Els, there's a tea for you on the counter," she said, making the older woman sigh in blissful relief, as she was brought out of her thoughts and rewarded with a warm beverage.

"Oh, you're a lifesaver," Ellie signed relieved and then kissed her best friend's cheek making her blonde friend giggle. She grabbed the flask and turned to her friend with a bright grin, "By my love!" And with that slammed the door shut.

After Ellie had gotten off the bus, she walked into Henricks Department Store and greeted her coworkers with a friendly smile and then headed off to the ladies' section, where she was scheduled for the day, she folded up the clothes and organized them, neatly.

Ellie quickly past the time on her break at Trafalgar Square, sitting with her friends and eating fish and chips. She quickly grew tired of her best friends making out, her faux gagging no longer deterring them from stopping, causing an all-out food fight between her and the gross couple; Rose and Mickey.