Chapter 1

(Art is by me)

*Deku POV*

I woke up only to feel a sharp pain in my back. I looked into the mirror only to reveal my hideous self. Cuts, bruises, and scars littered my back. I struggled to get and wobbled to the bathroom, trying to be as quiet as I could so that I didn't wake up sir. I'm only like this right now because I breathed to loudly around him, so if I walk around loudly, there's no doubt that I'd get beat up again.

I quickly got in the shower so I could clean myself off. The water brought the stinging sensation back to my damaged body. Once I got out I checked the time to see that is was 7:48 in the morning. Great. I thought to myself.  If I don't hurry then I'll be here by the time dad gets up. He normally gets up exactly at 8. It doesn't matter how much he drank or stayed up the night before. He was always up at that exact time.

I walked over to my closet and grabbed a white t-shirt, a pink hoody, black sweats, and some pink fluffy socks. If I want to read then it's always best to wear something comfortable. I normally read all day at the Library. It's good because the hours they are open are the hours that sir would wake up, and go to bed - depending if he drinks, go's out, or is at work.

I took a quick glance outside to see that it was raining. I hated the rain. It always makes everyone so miserable. Then again, I am miserable. I hate sir more than the rain so I guess I'll just have to make do. I walked to the kitchen and saw my dad passed out on the couch.

I didn't bother to grab anything to eat, knowing  that if I did eat anything, I'd just throw it right back up no matter how hungry I was. I slipped out the door and shut it quietly. The scent of rain filled my nose. Seems like the rains is stopping at least. I was glad because the walk to the library is 35 minutes, and as much as I hate myself, I didn't want to get sick. The last time I did, it did not end well.

I passed a coffee shop and debated on weather I should get water or not. Water was really the only thing I could have without throwing it all back up. I ended up not going into the shop, and headed straight towards the library. I liked to read. It was one of the only things that could calm me down, other than drawing. I walked in and went straight towards the spot where I usually read. I was about to grab a book when I heard a voice call from behind me.

"Hey Izuku!" I turned around to see a short brunette standing behind me.

"Hey Ura! How are you?" Ururaka is the owner of the library. She lets me stay here even after hours since we are such close friends.

"I'm good. What book are you going to read today?" She asked.

"I dunno. I've already read a lot of these books in this section, and nothing else really seemed interesting. Maybe I'll go with this." I pulled out a book with a black cover on it that read Cinder in fancy writing.

"OoOoOo. That's a good one. It's definitely one of my favorites. Sadly it's a series, so you can't finish it all in one book. Heck, you wouldn't be able to finish the whole series in one day!" I looked back at her and gave her a quick glare. I laughed after she squeaked and realized she said that to the wrong person.

"Man, sometime I really feel like you don't know me at all." I chuckled.

"I forget you read so much. I don't know how you can stare at a book all day."