1 | daughter of the death

Start from the beginning

"Honey, I'm home!" Shouted Leon with a high pitched voices when we entered the house. His voice echoed against the stone walls and floor.

If the Dark lord is here, they're probably in the dining room.

"Tell me, why do you have this big ass house when no one lives here?"

He's here for sure. I haven't met the Dark lord as many times as my parents, but every time I did, I could feel the cold air around him. And right now, I feel it again.

I'm not exactly excited to see him, but this time, it's different. My mother said he wanted to talk to especially us three. Somehow it made me feel important.

I was right - the Lord is sitting in our dining room with my both parents, Theo's father and Leon's mother. As soon as we arrived to the room, all of them turned their heads to us and some of them smiled as if they were happy to see us. The last time we saw our parents was a month ago at the end of summer. I don't usually go home during school, even if I can. There's just not much to do, that's why I only come during holidays. 

The boys come with me whenever they can. They love this house. Since my parents are usually out of town, we have it all for us.

When greeted with everyone in the room, my eyes laid on a stranger sitting next to Voldemort. I'm sure I've never seen her before. It's a girl in our age, with light long blonde hair and deep red lipstick on her lips. She has a bored look on her face, but as soon as she noticed us, her eyes opened a bit more to examine us from up to down.

Who is she? Do I have a cousin I didn't know about? I don't think so...all of them are dead.

"Welcome." Said the Lord and spread his arms wide. From the last time I saw him - two years ago after Dumbledore's death - he definitely aged a lot. He has much more wrinkles on his forehead and around eyes than he did. I guess the time comes for everyone. How old even is he?

We sat down on exactly three free chairs. I could feel the uncomfortable tension in the air, apart from the cold.

My mother asked me how I am, but since there's a complete silence and everyone is looking at us, I just nodded my head and hoped she understood.

"My boys..." started the Lord, "you must be wondering why I called all three of you here today..."

I glanced at the girl sitting next to him at the end of the table just to make sure I've never met her. She's definitely pretty, I'd noticed that straight away, but not enough to tempt me. I have a girlfriend, anyway.

"I have a task for you." Said the Lord and my eyes quickly looked at him.

"This..." he pointed at the girl, "...is Amelie. Amelie Riddle. My only daughter."

All three of us gasped our mouths open in a surprise. We've been expecting everything but not this. Our parents have straight faces, so I assumed they knew about it before us.

So it's true then. Lot of people have been saying that Voldemort has a daughter, but no one took it seriously. It was just a myth...guess it's not anymore. I looked at her again and tried to find some resemblance with her father, but nothing. He must've had her when he looked like a human.

"Do you want to take a photo of me? I can sign it if you want." She said with an annoying voice and that's when I realized she really is his daughter. Mean as fuck.

"Easy, Ames...she's going to be attending Hogwarts, your year. Now, what I want and expect from all of you, is to take a good care of her. Not that she needs it, she's more powerful than all three of you together..." he laughed at his own last sentence and Amelie joined him.

Wow. Voldemort has a daughter. Everyone kept saying that he's not capable of love, but this is a proof that he is. He made her a nickname, he laughs with her, he's protective of her...I'm just surprised, that's all.

"...if something happens to her, it will be your fault-" said the Lord, but my mother interrupted him.

"Nothing will happen to her, my Lord. These boys are very capable of keeping her safe, I trust them with my life." She said and smiled at us.

"Thank you, Narcissa. I knew I could trust them..."

Amelie rolled her eyes and scoffed. What is her fucking problem?

"We'll see about that." She mumbled under her nose, but I heard that. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but if there wasn't her father, I'd definitely put her into her place.

"I'm sorry, she didn't sleep well today..." apologized the Lord and tried to laugh it off, but no one found it funny.

Does she ever sleep well? Doesn't seem so.

I noticed how Theo is looking at her, with his eyes wide, examining her whole face. I quickly kicked his foot under the table to distract him before the Lord notices. He groaned at me, but understood.

"Nothing can happen to her. She's, after all, the Heir of my power and throne."

That's just great. I wanted to laugh at the thought of her in Voldemort's place. All she'd do is bitch about everything and do nothing, at least I think so.

"I hope you understood me. You're going to take her to school now and help her get settled. I talked with Snape and he allowed all of you to have private dorms on one corridor, to keep an eye on her-"

"What if she's not sorted into Slytherin?" Asked Theo with a confusing voice.

I immediately sighed and kicked his leg, but before I could tell him to shut up, Amelie rushed out of the chair and leaned over the table to be closer to us.

"What if I'm not sorted into Slytherin? Do I look like a fucking Hufflepuff to you!?" She roared through her teeth.

I had to laugh. This whole situation is just to laugh.

She's so close to both of us that I can now find something wrong with her face or with her hair, there must be something...but there isn't. Her skin looks fresh and soft, her hair is plain blonde from roots to ends...there's nothing wrong with her. Just her attitude.

"No...miss." Stuttered Theo with an amused look on her face. It's been a few months since he broke up with his last girlfriend and this is probably the first time a girl is this close to him since.

"Amelie, darling, don't scare the boys already. I'm sure you'll all find a way to be friends..."

Yeah, I'm so sure.

"That's all for now. She knows her task and doesn't have to share it with you if she doesn't want to. Keep and eye on her, will you?"

I glanced at Amelie and she finally looked at me for the first time, but just for a second. I nodded my head to let the Lord know that I understand, however I'm not very pleased. It's my last year here and I'm supposed to take care of some annoying girl that doesn't even want our help.