C h a p t e r t w o

-f o u r-
Sunlight and oxygen.

//breathin- ariana grande//
-oh, that was just my eye-

Minor sands are what we call a place where the poor lives, battling hunger, bargaining to get even an inch of salt while the royals are enjoying smoked turkey in their grand castle pantries. At least, for the outside to see.
What Thalia saw are just rusted chains around both her arms, legs free on the rocky, dusty floor of the dungeon and her head pounding, the cause of incident from yesterday.

She'd misbehaved. Again. She groans, smacking herself internally for only one to see.

Today, the guards are different. Weird, but seriously unlike how they treated her everyday, the shackles are loosened a little, her face washed clean of any stray blood, their posture ramrod straight (unlike the bent of the ones last time), even her legs are cleaned up and her clothes changed.

She stiffened.

Did someone... wash me while I was passed out-?

But the questions in her head are interrupted by her noticing rays of sunlight gleaming into the windows, excitement bubbling in her stomach too much to ignore. She clasped one hand over her mouth, then screeched, while the other fist pumped the air, even the guards are speechless by the wide stretch of their secret princess's mouth that they forgot to hide their reactions, and gaping in front of Thalia.

It has been so long since I'd last seen sunlight, mother. Thank you for finally answering all my prayers. She said to Sophia in her mind, while her eyes starts to water. And just then, the guards are back to being their stone-like self again, as if the extending of their mouth lines did not just occur.

Wait. A voice, unclear, in her head spoke up that she almost thought it is her.
Hello? She tries replying with her mind.
After a long moment of silence, her face fell as she tries to glance outside for more light, willing them to enter the cells, but also to her heart, if possible.

But that voice could be right... What has father planned? Her suspicion begin to arise when the new stationed guards did not push in a slight sarcastic remark or any smirks. They just... stood there.

Is something going to happen today? 
Did I do something wrong to anger father?
What's up with all these?

Anxiety started advancing, up her spine to her pair of lungs where it squeezes tightly, making her unable to breathe. She tries to ask for help, but her vocal cords will not work either, causing her panic to rise even more when she collapsed on the ground.
No. Not this again.

Why now?

Red and blue. 
Red and blue.
Imagine red and blue!!!

Her panic causes Thalia to scream the last part into her meddled brain, which is starting to form a purple.

~

"Rise."

Everything stopped working, at least for her. Thalia's sure she fainted, dream starting to form in her damned brain. This is definitely not the upper dungeons.

She continues to shut her eyes, legs wobbling as she stands up and hands holding something cold and solid.

Oxygen.

Thank the gods for them.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄⊰❀

T H A L I A