22. Ten Years of Ty

Start from the beginning

"You mean move to the big apple like miss Bradshaw, hell yes. That's where I want to live bitch! NEW YORK BABY." He smiles as he continues watching the TV. I don't say anything else about it. I feel sick to my stomach knowing I'm about to leave everyone I love to keep them safe.

Why couldn't I have just told my mom and Gary no. Made them find their own ride home. Then I wouldn't be in this mess.

Yet, at the same time, in a tragic loss, I also gained an indescribable love for a boy whom I otherwise would have probably never talked to.

And yet once again because of Gary I'm going to lose another person I love.

Except this time I could be losing everyone. The worst part is that I can't even tell them the truth as to why I have to leave. Gary made it perfectly clear that if I open my mouth and speak one word related to the accident or him that Asher would be dead before I could reach the police station. Which he continuously reminds me how he has police paid for with his money. So I couldn't go to them if I wanted to.

"Baylor?" I hear Ty's voice over my thoughts and I snap out of it to notice Ty has paused the TV and is looking at me.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay? What's going on boo." He asks as he turns towards me and sits the remote down.

"Nothing." I try to say with a smile but my voice betrays me with a quiver.

"Okay bitch tell me now. What happened." He asks, all I want is to be able to tell someone. But how selfish would that be of me? To risk someone's life because I can't handle the burden of knowing this information alone. No. I won't do it. Especially not to Ty.

"Nothing. Really, I'm fine." I say but my voice cracks on the last word. Tys face morphs into confusion as he wraps me in his arms as tears well up in my eyes. What am I suppose to tell everyone? What do I tell Asher? Hey Gary wants you dead because I told you the truth about the accident? So not only did I inadvertently kill his family but I'm killing him as well. I can't let that happen. I'm leaving. I have to. Nobody else is going to get hurt because of me.

"You've been acting weird all day. Cameron too."  Ty says and I look up at my ceiling to keep the tears from falling. I rack my brain trying to figure out something to tell Ty.

"It's Asher, we had sex and now he broke up with me. I'm moving out, I already bought two plane tickets for me and Cameron. I'm leaving Nevada Ty." I panic, telling him the same lie about Asher that I told Cam. Cam believed it.

"Yea okay bitch. What's really going on?" He asks not for a second believing what I told him. but I can't tell him the truth as much as I want to.

"Thats what happened. Don't tell Asher I'm moving. I don't want him to know." I plead with Ty's confused face.

"So what? you're just going to disappear on him? On everyone? Why? Because I know for damn sure that that boy in there would never leave you. So you just lied to me. We never lie to each other. Baylor, what's going on?" Ty demands and I can see the look of betrayal in his eyes.

"I told you. And No. I want you to come with me. Please just trust me on this." I ask and his eyes narrow at me in anger and disbelief.

"Baylor you are my best friend and I love you but what you're doing isn't right. Are you scared? Because love isn't something to run away from. Trust me I ran from my feelings for half my life; chasing women I didn't want because I was scared of my fathers disapproval. Even if you for some reason decided that you didn't want to be with him, stealing away the only people he has left in his life for some unknown reason is just fucking selfish." Wow. Okay Ty. You don't even know what the fuck is going on.

"I have my reasons Ty and I'm begging you to leave town with me. Just trust me. I can't stay here anymore and I don't want to go alone."

"What reasons Baylor? I know you're lying about him fucking and dumping you because Asher and I talk. Want to know what he is ALWAYS talking about? YOU! How much he loves you, how happy he is to have you in his darkest times, now you're going to leave him? You've liked this boy since freshman year. Tell me what's going on. Tell me you're not just being scared and selfish. Why are you running from him?" He asks sincerely. But if I tell him The truth I'm risking his life as well. So I make the decision to let him think I'm being selfish, instead of telling him the truth and risking him being killed.

"Whatever maybe I am a selfish bitch. But I'll be out of Nevada by tomorrow. You can come or you can stay. I really don't give a fuck but don't you dare tell Asher until I'm gone." I snap at him, trying to sound believable. I'm guessing it worked looking at Tys shocked and angry face.

"Wow. So this is what's going to end a ten year friendship." My heart shatters in my chest as I see his eyes water up. Oh my god is Ty going to cry? Ty has never cried. My heart can't take this. Please Ty. Understand my pleading eyes. Read my mind! Please know I don't want this! I love you so much.

"I guess so." I state, trying my hardest to make my voice steady. His eyes narrow in on me like I just stabbed him in the heart. It feels like I did. I'm so sorry.

He gets up and walks out and that's when I let myself curl up into a ball and sob. I lose them both either way.