Marius would see its unjust reign ceased.

Resolute in his goal, he met the half-breed's eyes.

Gone were the green eyes, replaced by inhuman, golden, iridescent eyes. His hair had grown longer past his ears and now draped down his shoulders. His previously human skin now shimmered with the hint of golden scales across his arms and legs, but the rest of him was still not covered in scales.

Which meant the transformation was still incomplete. It wasn't even half complete.

Marius could take him.

"You wish to fight me? Surely, you must know of me, Spirit." Marius reached behind him for the sword holstered at his back. His gloved hand wrapped around the hilt.

When the half-breed spoke, it was not his voice coming out of his mouth. In a voice full of sneer and ridicule, the Spirit said, "Indeed we do, Warrior King. We know that the likes of you will never lay a hand on us."

Growling, Marius drew his sword in a brilliant flash of steel.

The Spirit reacted, punching the air and sending a burst of air flying in Marius' direction.

He didn't have a chance to avoid it. It sent him flying backwards and crashing into the same wall he'd crashed into before. The wall gave, and the king was ejected out of the amphitheater.

A boom resounded throughout the Palace.

Someplace in the Palace, the Mother Queen halted in her steps, and turned to the source of the resounding boom that shook the Palace. She smiled almost unnoticeably; it seemed that Kairus' son had some fight in him after all. Perhaps he will humble her wayward son.

This time, Marius performed an impressive flip in the air and landed on his feet, crouching.

Eyes glowing with unchecked fury, he quickly stood and sliced another air punch into two. The now two smaller attacks struck the corridor's wall on either side of him, creating boulder-sized openings on the side of the Palace overlooking the City.

****

Startled, the City's merpeople all turned in the direction of the Palace. Despite the dome around the Palace, they'd all heard the loud booms. Loud murmurs rose from the panicked crowd.

Among them, a cloaked figure observed the rising cloud of dust from the side of the Palace with equal interest, if not more. The cloaked figure's fists tightened in frustration as he regarded the impenetrable dome with mounting dread. It was the only thing keeping him from performing his duty to his kingdom and its crown.

After a commendable investigation effort, he'd come to the daunting conclusion that it could only be breached from the inside. In other words, he had no chance of getting in 'uninvited'.

Of course, there was a fat chance of that happening, considering that one glance under his hood would reveal him as General Ryodan of the Astrian Kingdom.

Ryodan would have to find a maid or guard to seduce his way into the Palace grounds, but something -more accurately the rising dust- told him that he did not have the time.

****

"I'm not one to fall for the same trick twice," Marius said, squaring his shoulders, his grip on his sword tight.

The Golden Merman smiled with the confidence of a being who was as old as the seas. "We have many tricks, Warrior."

Marius suddenly felt an enormous pressure on his body. He winced, the pressure bearing down on him like the foot of a giant stomping him. A skull-splitting headache nearly finished him off. His ears were filled with what sounded like the calling of a whale, almost making his ears bleed.

Through clenched teeth, he growled, "Y-You... bitch."

The pressure abruptly changed direction of force and slammed him into a wall, sending him through yet another wall and right out of the Palace building.

A black whip made of light materialized from his fingertip as he fell three floors down.

He waved his arm and sent the whip cracking. It shot through the hole in the wall and wrapped around the prince who was too slow to react. Smirking, he pulled and the half-breed came barreling down with him.  

*~~~~~~~~~~~*

Fight! Fight! Fight!

I'm guessing a lot of you are satisfied Marius was beaten up a bit heheh, I know I was. 

Can't wait for more? Considering getting early access to next week's chapter for $1 by joining my Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/feastofnoise)! There's also MORE NSFW, exclusive content there! 

Thanks for reading! Till next week!