Steve and I stopped short, my boot squeaking against the glass floor as I tried to think about what may happen if we just took off running in the opposite direction. I came to the deduction that I didn't want to know what it felt like to be hit in the back of the head with a vibranium shield. "Obviously this happens" I mumbled under my breath as I turned to the Steve who was by my side, his eyes already on me as a way of asking for my help. My brain was already working overtime in trying to avoid meeting my younger self in my ventures in the past that I had no idea how exactly we were going to get out of this.

When in doubt, act dumb.

"Steve?" I asked, looking towards the younger version as he held his hand out to me cautiously, a worried look on his face. "Ally" he said, his voice loud as if he was trying to prove that he was the real Steve Rogers. "It's Loki in disguise" he told me, his fists clenched by his side as I nodded my head, taking a small step forward. "Oh" I mumbled, turning to look at the Steve by my side as I raised my eyebrows at him. "Stay back, I will deal with him" I whispered, his head nodding at me ever so slightly to tell me he understood. I slowly walked over the balcony to the other Steve, his cowl pulled tight around his face. "He has the sceptre, I was trying to act like I didn't know it was him" I said, keeping my voice low as he nodded his head at me, nodding his head behind him as he stood in front of me.

"Get Thor" Steve said to me, not taking his eyes off of, his clone standing at the other side of the balcony, the sceptre case secured in his hand. "I can't leave you here what if he uses it against you" I said, shaking my head as I widened my eyes at the older Steve, trying to tell him that it wasn't likely we would get out of this without a fight. "I can handle it" Steve replied to me as I shook my head, leaning forward slightly so he could hear me considering that his eyes were locked directly on who he believed to be Loki. "No, I'm pretty sure you can't" I whispered to him as he lifted his finger to his ear, pushing the earpiece in. "I have eyes on Loki on the 14th floor" he grumbled through it, making me realise that my 'younger' self may reply to him, which would make this a million times worse.

"I'm not Loki" Steve replied, bending down slightly as he set the sceptre case on the floor. "And I don't want to hurt you" he added, straightening up as a I watched his hand clench around the strap of his shield. If it was possible to feel a fight in the atmosphere, the feeling would be zipping across the balcony as I shook my head at him. Before I could get two words out of my mouth they ran towards one another, the loud screech of the two vibranium shields clashing off of one another ringing throughout the whole floor.

I watched as they attempted to land a few punches, 2012 Steve offering a hard kick to the chest as it threw his older self across the balcony, crashing into the sceptre case. It fell to the ground as it split open, the sceptre falling free as it skidded across the glass floor. "Just get the sceptre and get out of here" he shouted to me as he peeled himself off of the ground, letting out a small grunt as he turned back to his opponent. "I can do this all day" 2012 Steve said as he leaned back in his defensive stance, the Steve at my feet nodding his head as he moved forward slowly. "Yeah, I know" he mumbled as I rolled my eyes, looking at the sceptre that lay on the ground, free from it's large case.

"You do say that a lot" I said to him, as they began fighting again, the shields leaving their hands as they bounced off one another, repelling in opposite directions as they fell over the glass barriers that led to the floors below. I ducked as one narrowly missed my head, my eyes set on the sceptre as I moved around the fighting men. "Get the sceptre away" the cowled Steve shouted at me as I nodded my head, his foot going through the glass fence as one of the panels shattered. "I'm planning on it" I shouted back, nodding my head as I went to grab it, not having a chance as Steve got shoved into my back. I barely had time to register what had happened as my foot kicked the sceptre, the weapon being within arms reach as it skidded along the glass floor and off the side of the balcony.