2

The boys awoke to a screaming alarm clock.

"I didn't do anything that bad that the police would get involved did I?" James mumbled sleepily as he stood up from the floor and stretched his back, in slight pain from spending the night on a concrete floor.

"That is the most disgusting sound in the world, turn it off!" Sirius moaned.

The little lump of a boy, Peter Pettigrew stood up and ran towards the alarm clock, trying to turn it off but failing miserably.

Remus then pushed the little boy away and huffed. "Let me do it."

With ease, the young wizard turned the alarm clock off and quickly got dressed.

"Are you lot coming? There's only..." he trailed off, checking his pocket watch. "Seven minutes left of breakfast."

James and Sirius shot up at his words and got dressed quicker than ever before speeding down to the Great Hall.

"How long left?"

"Six minutes." Sirius grinned.

"We made it." James panted.

He nudged Sirius' arm and the boys ran to an empty bench and sat down, stuffing their faces with pancakes, waffles and eggs.

They left not even one crumb on their plates and were finished before Remus could even reach the hall.

An astonished look on his face, Remus patted James, who was chugging down a chalice of pumpkin juice, on the shoulder.

"What?" The messy-haired boy mumbled as some juice spilt down his chin and onto his robes.

"What lesson do you have?" He asked hesitantly.

"Umm.." James dug around in his pockets to pull out a crumpled up piece of parchment. Taking a good, long look at the parchment, he finally spoke. "I have Charms."

"So do I. Who's your teacher?"

"Umm..Professor Flitwick."

"We're in the same class then. Hurry up, there's only 3 minutes."

James nodded and looked in front of him to see that Sirius Black had vanished! Into thin air!

James caught sight of a red-headed girl once again and told Remus that he'd meet him at class before strutting over to where the girl was sitting.

"Lily, is it?" He asked but she didn't seem to hear him.

"I'm James." He said and sat down beside her.

"Huh? Why are you? Hi James?"

"Hi. What's your name?" He asked, trying to get the girl to pay attention to him.

"Lily. Now as I was saying, it can't possibly be-"

"So, Lily, did you know your names after a flower? A rather beautiful flower at that."

"Yes. Now could you leave me to my friends?"

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I clearly don't want to engage in conversation with a lazy, arrogant toe-rag."

"You can't go making assumptions like that!"

"I can. I know I'm not wrong. Now go away." The girl turned away from him and continued her previous conversation.

James huffed and stomped away.

-

As Remus explained to Sirius that he couldn't show up to lesson whenever he wanted, Peter and James studied hard, trying to complete their first project.

 That bit was a lie.

Peter studied hard whilst James stood in front of the mirror, trying new things with his black hair.

"Don't girls die from their periods?" Sirius queried, causing all the boys to stop what they were doing and stare at the beautiful boy.

"I- I don't think so." Said James. "I hope not!" He said, a little panicked.

"Because," Sirius went on, "Their period is them bleeding from there right? And it lasts a week. So all that bleeding. Doesn't it kill them?"

Remus sighed in disbelief at his friends words. "How would they die?"

"Because they're losing a lot of blood. People die from bleeding out so what about girls?"

"Girls aren't people?" Remus asked defensively. The young wizard was taught to respect women highly.

"No! That's not what I'm saying! What I'm saying is could a girl bleed out and die from her period?"

"This is a weird conversation." Peter muttered.

James rushed over and ruffled Peter's hair to match his own; messy. "Woah! He talks!"

There was a knock at the door before it flung open, revealing their head of house Professor Mcgonagall.

"And what might you boys be up to? I trust you're settling in well?" She said.

A devilish grin grew on Sirius' face and he immediately blurted "Periods."

"Excuse me?" The professor exclaimed, taken aback at the young boy's confidence.

"Can girls bleed out and die from their periods?"

Remus and Peter cringed and James snickered, making a failed attempt at covering it up.

"No. They cannot."

"Care to elaborate on that?" James Potter had trouble hiding his smirk, the famous Potter smirk that matched his father's.

"Certainly not! Goodnight, boys." The elder witch said sternly before slamming the door behind her.

James and Sirius burst out laughing and weren't able to stop. Remus thought of a good way to shut them up; slapping them. But it only made them laugh harder.

The two boys eventually fell to the floor and clutched their sides from the pain cause by laughing too much.

"I- I- I c-can't br-breathe!" Sirius said between roars of laughter.

James was also unable to form a full sentence. "I- IT H-H-HURTS!"

Remus Lupin looked to the only other sane person in the room in his opinion to see that young Peter Pettigrew had fallen asleep.

Glancing at the clock on the dresser, he realized that it was past midnight and that he had a lesson at 6:45 AM. Meaning he would have to be up by 6:15.

He sighed at the stupidity of Sirius and James and climbed into bed, trying to ignore their laughter and bad jokes so he could get some rest in.

But when you're friends with James Potter and Sirius Black, it's impossible to ignore them.

Not even ten minutes had passed that Remus had joined in with the comedians, also telling jokes of his own and creating a bond that would last them a lifetime. Of course, they didn't know it then, but it was felt amongst the three; a feeling of warmth and happiness.