29

Liam Rawley

I felt Brady's arms wrapped from behind me when I woke up. I turned around to face him and was relieved to see that he was asleep because he was totally tense the night before and it seemed like there were too many things in his mind, making him not able to sleep all that well.

I stare into him sleeping for a while before he finally opens his eyes.

"What time is it?"He asked in a raspy tone.

"10."I mentioned, "And good morning."

"I actually have somewhere to be."He got up quickly.

I didn't know why but suddenly all of the secrets and going to the other room to pick up the phone made me upset. He was hiding something and of course, I trusted him but I was just worried that he got himself into anything bad. Maybe it was paranoia but not knowing where he is was not easy for me.

"Where to?"I decided to ask.

"Just some errands."He said casually and put on his shoes.

"Are you not gonna shower first?"I raised my eyebrows.

"I have to be there as soon as possible and I don't want to be any later."He picked up a shirt from the floor and sniffed it before putting it on.

"Look, Brady."I said disappointedly, "I feel like you're not telling me something. I know that it's stupid for me to assume that you got yourself into trouble but if you do, you can tell me."

"I'm not in trouble."He assured me and sat down next to me on the edge of the bed while I laid there. He rested his hand on the side if my neck and looked directly into my eyes, "I swear that I'll tell you everything but right now, I'm in a real hurry and all I can ask from you is to trust me."

"Okay."I nodded awkwardly, "I trust you, Brady."I let out a weak smile.

"Thank you."He sighed and pressed his lips on mine, "Now, I need to send you home."

I got out of bed while Brady searched for something in the drawer.

"Wear this."He handed me what looked like his old police academy sweater.

"No offense but you're twice my size."I pointed out.

"Just where it."He rolled his eyes.

I was about to take off the shirt that I was wearing but he was still starring directly at me.

"Do you mind?"I said awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry."He turned around to face the wall and I took off my shirt to wear the sweater that he gave me. The sweater was way too big for me since the sleeves were over my hands and it fell from my waist to almost my knees.

Not long later, the both of us went downstairs, where Roy slept on the couch and Dan on the floor.

"Hey, dumb and dumber."Brady said loudly in his 'working voice' that I only heard when he was arresting people.

"You don't have to yell at us."Roy groaned, "My brain hurts and I wanna die."

"You mean your head hurts."Dan pointed out, "And you can't die from a hangover."

"I'm sorry, do you have a Ph.D. in medical hungover?"Roy asked Dan seriously.

"Oi," Brady yelled, "I'm giving the two of you three seconds to get up and get yourself clean up."

"1"

"2"

That was enough to make the two of them get up.

"Okay then," Brady said calmly, "Help yourselves to anything in the kitchen and get home before noon."

&&&&&&

Brady kept on looking at his watch while driving me home. Wherever he needed to go, it seemed very important and I kinda felt bad that I was making him move slower.

After we arrived, I didn't waste any time getting out of the car because he was obviously in a rush but he didn't let me leave that easily. Instead, he grabbed my hand and pull me back, pressing his lips on mine.

"Can I cash in on that date tonight?"He asked, "I kinda need it."

"Yeah, sounds nice."I smiled widely, "I'll see you then."

I got out of the car and Brady was ready to leave before my father got out of the house and leaned on Brady's window.

"Good luck."I mouthed to Brady and went inside the house to get myself cleaned up.

Brady Hutton

"Look, son," Sheriff Rawley said calmly, "Don't get me wrong, I trust you but having my teenage son staying the night at your place is not something a father likes to hear."

"I know, "I sighed, "I didn't ask him to stay over. I had another one of my 'episodes' and he didn't say anything about it but I know that it was the reason he stayed."

"And nothing happened?"He asked seriously.

"We slept on the same bed but other than that, nothing happened."I assured, "I don't mean to be rude but I'm in a real rush right now."

"Okay," He nodded, "Just stop having him stay the night."

"Will do, sir, "I said casually and started the car.

"It's Sheriff."He corrected.

"Right," I muttered.

&&&&&&

40 minutes later, I finally arrived at the neighborhood.

The neighborhood was filled with big houses, making it harder for me to find the specific house that I was looking for.

I drove slowly by the side, looking through all the addresses, and pulled over when I finally found the house I was looking for.

I got out of the car and made my way to the front door, still hesitating whether or not I should ring the doorbell. I thought that maybe going back wasn't a really bad idea.

However, I took a deep breath and decided to press the button. I waited for a few minutes on the doorsteps before someone finally opened the door.

"Can I help you?"The lady asked.

"Yeah," I nodded awkwardly, "You don't know me but my name is Brady Hutton and I'm the brother of your adopted children."

"Oh."She mumbled under her breath, "Lucas, we have company."She called for someone.