3

Liam Rawley

"I am so sorry this happened to you, buddy."My father said to me after we arrived home, "Starting tomorrow, I'll make sure that I'll get one of my deputies to pick you up from school."

"Dad, "I cringe, "That would be really embarrassing, please don't."

After what Ryan did, I don't blame my father for acting that way because I don't know what was Ryan's problem with me but he was suddenly out to get me.

"Can't one of your new friends do it?"He asked.

"I don't want to burden them."I mumbled, "We haven't gotten that close yet for me to ask."

"I'll just ask their parents."He said casually, "Yeah, I'll do that."Before I could say anything else, he was already dialing the phone.

"This may be a bad time but can I go to the drive-in tonight?"I asked and regretted it shortly after I saw his face, "Never mind, I don't have to."

"No, it'll be good for you to get to know the people in the neighborhood."He said calmly, "Just make sure to stay near your friends."

"I will, "I assured

&&&&&&

"My mom told me what happened."Laurel said softly, "I'm sorry that those jerks are messing with you. Must be scary to have them gang up on you like that."

We set up chairs in front of Dan's car because Roy kept complaining that he couldn't see anything from the backseat.

"What happened?"Roy asked worriedly, "Did Dan do something?"

"What?"Dan asked in a frustrated tone, "They were right when they said that you were a complete idiot."

"That's not nice."Roy pouted, "Who's they?"

"What happened, Liam?"Dan asked me, ignoring Roy all together.

"Some guys in this town have been messing with me, it's not a big deal, "I explained.

"Ryan Finley is the one harassing him, "Laurel whispered to the group.

"What does harassing mean again?"Roy asked me.

"Oh, Roy, if it wasn't for your good looks and the ability to play football, you might just end up getting your GED when you're 30," Laurel said.

"Why you are guys being so mean to me?"Roy asked frustratedly, "Let's run away together, Logan, and get away from all these toxic people in our lives."

"It's Liam, you dumbass."Dan corrected.

"No way, "He shook his head, "I may be dumb but I remember a name."

"It is Liam."I said with a soft chuckle, "But it's fine, Roy."

Roy said something else but I was distracted by Ryan, who was laying on top of someone's mini truck with the same people as before.

"Do you want to leave?"Dan asked me after noticing me starring at Ryan.

"No, "I shook my head, "I shouldn't let him ruin our time."