~72~

Brighid walked into the gym with her mother and Nathan. She was slightly trailing behind the two.

"Are you sure about this?" Brighid asked her mom.

"Brighid. This is the right thing to do. For all of us" she explained. Dan walked over and Brighid began to get nervous.

"This is a restraining order. 100 feet away from us at all times. Starting tonight" Deb said, without letting Dan get in a word she walked to the bleacher sitting with Nathan and Cooper.

Brighid gave Dan a weak smile before pushing past and into the locker room. She came out a minute later ready to play. She glanced once more the bleachers seeing her mom happy. Deb waved cheerfully as she pointed Brighid out to Cooper. Nathan sat with Jake who had came to watch Brighid as well.

The whole night Brighid was on fire, scoring points left and right for the team. Brighid after all wanted to prove to the number one team in the state who was the best.

The team gathered in a huddle.

"One minute left. Let's make it count" the coach whispered. The team shook their heads and placed their hands in the middle, chanting before hitting the court again.

The clock started back up and the opposing team had taken the lead with seconds left.

"Seven seconds on the buzzer. Will Brighid make the shot?" Mouth announced into the microphone. Brighid tried to block out all the noises and focus on the basket. Knowing she had a second or to left she shot the ball and hoped for the best.

It soared through the sky before landing smoothly in the basket. She had tied up the points for the Ravens. She now had one opportunity to make it count.

She stood on the free throw line dribbling the ball up and down. Her dad's words replayed in her head from all the times they practiced as a kid.

"Dad I'm tired" Brighid whined. Dan gave her a stern look.

"You'll thank me in the future for this. Again another 20 in a row or we don't stop" Dan instructed. Brighid prepped with the ball in hand shooting at the basket hoop.

"Again" Dan called out.

Brighid looked at the opposing team captain, smiling while shooting the ball. The basketball flew threw the air swooshing smoothly into the basket.

"THE RAVENS WIN" Mouth shouted as the crowd cheered. Everyone ran over to Brighid giving her pats on the back and jumping up and down.

Deb came running down hugging Brighid.

"I am so proud" Deb muttered in her ear. She smiled hugging her mom back. The team celebrated for a few more seconds before heading to their own families and friends that had showed up. Nathan and Cooper came down congratulating Brighid on a great game.

"Thanks" Brighid responded to the two. Deb walked out with Cooper who looked slightly mad while Nathan and Haley left the game together. Brighid rushed to the locker room grabbing her stuff before meeting up with Jake.

As she saw him waiting she dropped her bag down on the ground next to him jumping into his arms. He swung her around a few times before placing her back down and planting a kiss on her lips.

"How awesome was I?" Brighid joked. The two walked out of the gym with their arms wrapped around each other.

"Brighid" Dan called out. He was standing behind a pole.

"Dad-"

"I know the restraining order. I just wanted to say how proud I am of you. Not just with basketball but the person you have become. I love you" Dan said before walking away. Brighid stunned by his words stood there for a minute before continuing with Jake to his car.