~57~

When Brighid came back she could see Cooper and Dan fighting. Karen's boyfriend was breaking it up.

"Honey" Deb said rushing over to Brighid.

"I want to go home" Brighid muttered not wanting to be in the hospital anymore.

"You know Deb, as your brother I would never tell you how to raise your kids but your husband is an ass" Cooper began. Deb looked at Brighid with sad eyes.

"Cooper enough. It's most definitely not your place" She said. Dan came over smirking.

"Your mother is checking in to rehab tonight. She'll be gone for quiet some time" Dan explained to Brighid.

"I'm staying with Nate then"

"Haha, you'll be home with Lucas and I. Your mother will join us when she's well again" Dan continued. She could tell he was trying to keep his cool and not exploded at her with everyone watching.

"Whatever" Brighid whined. Cooper tried sticking up for her once more but Dan quickly turned around muttering "why don't you worry about your marriages and I'll worry about mine"

Karen and Andy stood with Lucas while Brighid followed her parents. Dan drove to the rehab where the two dropped Deb off.

"I'll be here when you get out" Dan said with a smile waving to Deb as she walked in. Brighid sat in the car trying to control her tears.

Later that night she fell asleep, dreaming of what life would have been if Dan married Karen.

Brighid walked into the kitchen to find her brother Lucas ignoring everyone as usual.

"Karen, good morning" Dan practically sung.

"Morning Brig"

"Morning" she bitterly stated as she took the toast that freshly popped out of the toaster.

"Hey that was mine" Lucas whined.

"Stop fighting you two" Karen said kissing each of them on the head.

"Dinner tonight?" Dan asked her as she filled up her travel coffee mug.

"Meetings. I'll be home late" she explained before walking out.

Dan looked at the kids with a grin. "Workouts after school you two?" He asked.

"Fine"

"Whatever" the two mumbled. Brighid grabbed her bag and hopped on her sports car from Keith Motors while Lucas drove his car to pick up his girlfriend Peyton. As Brighid drove to school she could see Nathan, her half-brother, playing on the court next to the river with his friends. She rolled her eyes despising him.

She pulled into the parking lot to be met by her boyfriend and the second star of Tree Hill Ravens varsity basketball team, Johnny "Vegas" Norris.

She jumped out of her car and instantly wrapped her arms around him. The two walking slowly towards the building.

"Did you hear? Jagielski's a teen dad. The secrets out. Wonder who the baby momma is?" Johnny asked staring at the guy. Brighid quickly glanced at him before turning to Johnny.

"No clue" she lied.

"So coming to the game tonight?" Johnny asked placing kisses on her lip.

"Only if you don't shower afterwards" Brighid teased making Johnny grin.

"Deal" he said kissing her once more. As they pulled away they collided into someone. Brighid looking down to see it was none other than her father's rejected son.

"Watch where you're going punk" Johnny shouted pushing him out of their way.

"Sorry" he mumbled before catching up to his best friend Haley.

Later that night Brighid gathered at the river court to watch Lucas battle Nathan in a four versus four game.

Each side equally skilled causing the game to tie up quite quickly. It looked in Lucas' favor until Nathan won the winning shot.

Brighid jumped out of bed breathing quite heavy. Unsure of whether to call that a dream or a nightmare. She glanced over to her clock to see it was morning and almost time for school.

She pushed her hair out of her face before getting ready for the day.

"You okay? Lucas asked as Brighid walked into school. She felt exhausted and couldn't stop thinking about the dream.

"I had the weirdest dream last night. Your mom was my mom and was married to Dan. So strange" Brighid explained.

"Yeah. Crazy" Lucas answered. "Hey do you know anything about your dad scamming money?" Lucas asked. Brighid furrowed her eyebrows.

"Is there something going on?" Brighid asked. Lucas shook his head yes.

"I'm working on it. I'll let you know when I find out more" Lucas said walking away to talk to Brooke. Brighid stood at her locker watching the two talk. "Could life get anymore hectic?" she thought.