~63~

"So you don't happen to still be on the cheerleading squad right?" Brooke asked walking up to Brighid and wrapping an arm through hers.

"No Brooke. One night and that was it. Plus Haley seems to be adjusting fine" Brighid said pointing to Haley talking to Bevin and few other girls from the squad.

"It's not Haley it's that stupid bitch Rachel. Plus we are doing a Fantasy Boy Draft. Figured you'd want in" Brooke whispered eyeing them guys as they walked down the hall.

"I'd love to but I can't. My dad has me grounded for the little stunt I pulled at the game and I'm not talking about the punches" Brighid explained.

"Fine but forewarning if Jake's what you want you better take him off the market fast" Brooke whispered pointing to Rachel who was once again practically snuggled up against him at his locker.

"Uh, I could kill that little bitch" Brighid mumbled. The bell rang and before Brighid could do anything the two walked away to class. Brighid turned on her heel heading to math.
———
After school Brighid slowly walked out hoping to get Jake's attention.

"Jake" Brighid greeted as she walked up to him. He turned around revealing Rachel.

"Hi Brighid" Rachel said. Brighid rolled her eyes before shifting her attention to Jake.

"Hey" Jake said quiet coldly. Brighid wasn't expecting the most welcoming response.

"Can we talk?" Brighid quietly asked. Jake looked back at Rachel.

"I have to take some picture for the fantasy draft. After?" He asked. Brighid sighed. She took a seat at the table outside plopping her bag down. She was looking around at her surroundings when Brooke came rushing over.

"Emergency now B. Scott!" Brooke said grabbing Brighid's arm. She dragged her towards the school building despite Brighid trying to counter.

"Brooke. I'm waiting for Jake outside. What's up?" Brighid asked glancing back to the doors.

"That bitch Rachel told Bevin she's taking Chris Keller. Like hell she is" Brooke said.

"And this has what to do with me?" Brighid asked.

"I need you to join the draft. Better chances of us getting a good number in the lineup" Brooke pleaded.

"Brooke"

"Please!!!"

"Fine. Now can you excuse me" Brighid said. She rushed back outside to find Jake's car had already left the parking lot.

"Shit" Brighid muttered. She turned around to find Rachel smirking while shaking the Polaroid picture of Jake in her hand.
———
The following night Brighid walked in to Brooke and Haley's apartment.

"Here's yours" Brooke whispered to Brighid handing her the number three compact. "I'm two, Peyton's one, Bevin is four and she's picking skills which leaves Haley who is fifth" Brooke explained.

Brighid smiled sitting on the couch waiting for the picking to begin.

"I'm here... with cupcakes" Rachel sung as she walked in. The girls on the team flocked to her container of sweets getting Brooke mad.

"Who likes my wall?" Brooke asked trying to get the attention of her. "It's the French Riviera"

"No that's the Italian Riviera. That's the Portfino. We vacation there every year" Rachel said giving Brooke a smirk.

"Let's begin" Brooke announced jumping up from the couch. She flipped the paper over to reveal the names of all the boys.

"Pick number 1 P. Sawyer?" Brooke asked.

"Mouth McFadden"

"I pick Chris Keller" Brooke said sticking her tongue out at Rachel.

"Jake Jagielski" Brighid quickly announced.

"Lucas Scott" Rachel said flashing the four compact. It was evident she switched with Bevin.

"Nathan Scott" Haley shouted. The girls continued to pick their boys while Brooke stood at the board angry.

"Ok that's settled we have our boys!" Rachel clapped. All the girls squealed expect for Peyton, Brooke and Brighid. The three exchanged a look knowing Brooke had been played by the bitch once again.