chapter twenty-nine

The sun crept in through my window. I actually slept pretty good, which is what I should really be doing, not playing minecraft.

I unlocked my phone, opening a text message from my father. He told me that the house was ready to be moved into.

I almost threw my phone on the floor from excitement.

I was going to be moving into my new house. Finally I would get some of my own clothing.

I ran down the stairs, right into my aunt.

"I am so so so sorry. I came running to tell you that my father said that I was able to move into our house now. So I don't have to stay here much longer," I said so fast I could barely even think.

"Oh that's wonderful! I'll be sad to see you leave. I do enjoy your company, it is very calming," She replied, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I walked back up to my room, gathering the small amount of belongings I had, shoving them into a bag, not really caring what happened to them.

I rushed back down the stairs, pulling my shoes on. I was finally going home and I wouldn't have to worry about losing my friendship with Toby or even Tommy for this matter.

My father's car was waiting for me outside of the house, although it wouldn't actually be that far of a walk.

I opened the front door, admiring the beautiful chestnut floors the complementary white walls, a chandelier hanging from the vaulted ceiling.

"This is so amazing. This is like leaving a dream, but its my reality," I muttered underneath my breath.

Overall the house was stunning, and I was to astonished to say anything. But my favorite thing of all was my room.

It had cream colored walls, the same chestnut floor, with a white fluffy rug on the floor. A hug window let the natural light shine into my room.

I knew that I would have many nights gazing out at the stars.

My bed was in the center of the room, all my luggage in one are pile at the foot of the bed.

I turned on my playlist and began the tiring process of unpacking.

I opened the box with all of the photos in it and immediately began to hang them up, my emotions flurriying seeing all of my favorite photos again.

After that, I began to put all my clothing away in my closet. That was boring. I never realized how much clothing I had until I actually put it all away.

After a few hours, I heard someone knock on my door.

"Come in," I said aloud.

The door opened and in walked my father.

"How are you liking the house?" He asked glancing around at the room.

"Its beautiful. Not to sound ungrateful, but I don't feel like I even deserve this. I have been terrible to you. When we fought, I made the most selfish choices," I whispered.

"Well, I knew that it would happen. We both made the wrong choices. I shouldn't  have been working so much. I mean you are still my daughter," He said smiling.

"And I shouldn't have under minded how much work you were going through. I could've just talked with my aunt about it," I replied with a smile.

There was an awkward silence between us.

"I should get going, there are plenty of boxes that I need to unpack, but once that's all done. I'll take some time off of work and we can catch up like we used to," He said walking off.

I smiled like a dork, not actually knowing why.

My room was finished relatively quick, so I laid down on my bed and decided that I should call one of my old friends back in America.

My phone had been ringing for a few seconds and I was scared that she wasn't going to pick up.

Eventually she picked up.

"Hey Cam how have you been? Its been like a week and you haven't texted or called," She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry. I've been very busy and I think that you're over exaggerating it. I've only been here for a few days," I replied.

"Whatever you have to tell yourself," She said rolling her eyes.

We talked for a few hours, catching up on all the little things. Bailey had gotten a boyfriend. Emily and I knew that she would be the first one in our group to get one.

The sun had set revealing the stars.

As we were talking, I heard what I thought was my father knocking on the door, so I allowed them to enter.

But to my surprise, it was not him.

"Cam, there is something bothering me and I don't want to bother me anymore. Can we talk again?"

Word Count~ 811

A/N: sorry for not posting for a couple days. i was taking so time for myself.