Part 1: Chapter 1; Rocky Start

Start from the beginning

The young girl, when she hadn't even come out of her teens, was forced to watch as her older sister died in her arms when the Second Upper Moon, the demon known only as Doma, fought and mortally wounded her before her very eyes. Luckily, or, unluckily, Doma fled the instant the sun began to rise, and she was left with bitter tears in her eyes as she held her dying sister as close to her chest as possible.

Since then, she bore the worst and most potent of grudges against not only Doma, but every demon she would encounter. The very existence of demons and what they have done to her and her family is the reason she pushed herself to take up Kanae's place as a Hashira, using her knowledge in poisons and biology to concoct toxins strong enough to do wonders to demons. She now has toxins that paralyze, wither, burn, or burst off whatever her specially-made sword touches, and while this slightly makes up for her handicap, she has never forgotten that one crucial piece of information,

Shinobu Kocho cannot cut off a demon's head, meaning she is physically one of the weakest demon slayers in the corps.

Now, in her present day, two years after her sister's death, she now has taken up her personality, becoming the symbolism of elegance and gentleness that hid a nasty swing of the blade, concealing her true colours beneath.

Nobody knew of her genuine emotions, the feelings of rage, anger and spite held towards the world that had stolen everything she could have ever wanted in life, along with that which she had already been given.

This hidden anger, however, just made reading the final piece of information about Sakusa she had been able to find that much more difficult.

Warning: Sakusa Kari is not to be given any team missions, as he is prone to refusing to work together with others, frequently causing collateral damage, civilian casualties, and thousands in property damage. Only persons authorized by Oyakata-sama himself are to aid Kari in combat, for the safety and wellbeing of the Slayer themselves, as well as the civilians around him.

As Shinobu stared at the door of the Nagaski wisteria house, she got a chill up her spine.

Tch, I hate wisteria houses.....

The house she stood before had the familiar crest on it, with wisteria flowers in full bloom lining the wall put in place around the ground. It was located on the outskirts of the town, on a hill overlooking the city of Nagasaki itself, facing the coastline in which the town sat. It was a beautiful property, which Shinobu could respect, but the one thing that irritated her the most was that there was always something off-putting to her about entering someone's home and living there for free, it didn't seem like a necessity.

She wasn't poor, she could easily afford her own inn room, but to stay in one of these houses just screamed 'greedy' to her.

But, since this was the place she was told that she would be meeting Sakusa, she let out a sigh, put on her smile again, and knocked on the door.

"Hello~? Hello, anyone~?" She called in her cheerful tone.

Moments later, a basic-looking man with short cropped hair opened the door, only he had massive bags under his eyes, his hair was disheveled and his shirt wasn't even on the right way.

"H-Hello, you must be Lady Kocho, pleasure to m-meet you." The man weakly said.

"That's me, Shinobu Kocho!" Shinobu's smile faded and a look of curiosity came to her face as she asked, "My, my, is something the matter? You look quite the mess, don't you?"

"N-NO NO!"
Shinobu flinched a bit when the man blurted out a reply so quickly, but the man quickly corrected himself with a nervous chuckle.
"I-I mean, no, Lady Kocho. Nothing's the matter."