Emma began to giggle quietly and I saw Ray's shoulders shake more violently in kind.

"Is it really that funny?" I asked, still not quite in the laughing mood. I finally turned to Emma who was as red as a tomato. I smiled at her appearance despite myself. Catching myself quickly, the frown I was wearing originally spread back over my face. "Need a moment?" I asked her as she calmed down. I heard a few coughs from Ray and turned to him as he caught himself at last, clearing his throat a few times and turning back around.

I sighed, pinching my nose bridge. How the world must be going for me to do that. "As I was saying..." I began, turning to Emma once more. "Do you think you could trim my hair for me? I haven't done it myself before and it's hard without even a mirror..." I asked the older girl.

"E-eh???" She blurted, eyes going wide.

"Do you not want to?" I inquired, a little hurt. Her antenna shot straight up and she began waving her hands in front of her.

"No no, I'm fine with it! Just...uh..." She scratched her chin in hesitation, looking to Ray for help.

"Is there a problem...?" I asked, looking between the two plant 3 kids.

"Emma had this doll once-"

"Y-YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL HER THAT RAY-!!" Emma spluttered, leaning to cover Ray's mouth. Ray shrugged his shoulders and removed her hand from over his mouth to speak.

"...In short, she's really bad and handy-work stuff- especially hair-cutting." He disclosed.

"Oh..." I uttered, looking back to Emma who sighed.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind doing it, but your hair is so pretty...and it'd be a shame..." She ventured, her worries now hitting the light of day.

"No, no it's fine! I'll just do it myself! It'll grow back quickly anyway!" I smiled, sighing a little on the inside. I then caught a stare-down between Emma and Ray in the corner of my eye. "...what are you doing-?" I asked just as Ray ceded.

"Oh, fine!" He huffed before turning to me. "I'll cut it." He grumbled, looking at the ground.

"E-ehh?!!" I exclaimed in surprise. "No, it's fine! I've done the front before myself- I can work it out-!!"

"But you had a mirror that time, didn't you?? And not only that Ray's great at that kind of handy-dandy stuffs!!" Emma confirmed, looking between Ray and I.

"It's not an issue, especially if it'll help you work..." Ray admitted with a sigh.

I blinked once more, shifting my weight from side to side. "Well, I mean..." I was beginning to yield. "You'll have to use a knife..." I put up my final hope of defense, but Emma was having none of that.

"It's fine! Ray's a genius! He'll work it out!" Emma exclaimed, nudging the boy in question in the ribs. He gave her a glare but conceded as well, turning to me once more.

"I'll do it then..." He muttered quietly. I gave up at last, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Alright, I lose, ok." I relented, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Hooray!" Emma cheered.

I zipped up my jacket and attempted to comb the dirt and leaves out of my hair as well before sitting in front of Ray. I handed him my saxe knife, which would be the only one suitable for cutting hair, as the throwing knives were only sharp enough to cut hair at the very tip. The ravenhead inspected the knife for a moment before grabbing a lock of his own hair and dragging the knife across it, causing a clean cut.