don't do that in here

you slammed the door to the classroom open, the other in there barely glancing up at you. you grit your teeth together, walking past him to the supply closet and grabbing a broom, setting it the side as you sighed.

"are you gonna help, or are you gonna just sit there?" you asked, and he shrugged, sitting on the teacher's desk, phone in hand as he stared at it mindlessly. you frowned, moving over and setting the broom beside him before going to move the desks to the sides of the classroom. "can't believe i'm stuck here because of you."

he didn't reply, and you were glad; whatever he said would probably just piss you off more, and you were already frustrated enough.

minutes passed, you beginning to sweep the floors, glancing up at him from time to time. he just sat there, staring at his phone, and you sighed, hands gripping the broom tighter as you swept. it was starting to get darker outside, the normal blue of the sky changing to yellows and oranges. you were angry, wanting nothing more than to go home and sleep.

there was a quiet noise, one you could barely hear, making your eyes widen slightly. you turned back to him, seeing the earbuds he had shoved in, and you frowned, moving over to him. he barely glanced up at you before turning back to the screen.

"what are you doing?" you asked loudly, knowing he should've heard you with how quiet whatever he was watching was. "listen, i don't care that you're not helping, but if you're just gonna sit there on your phone, then just leave."

he didn't pay attention to you, and you grit your teeth, nearly snapping the broom handle in half with how hard your grip was. "are you even listening? it's your fault that we're both here, you could at least pay attention-!"

you reached out and grabbing the earbud wire, tugging it out, and his eyes widened just slightly as his phone was pulled as well, falling and hitting the floor. there was a thought in the back of your mind, worried that it might've cracked, but that thought was quickly wiped aside by what noises were continuing to come from his phone.

"what the fuck?" you looked down at the screen, eyes widening at whatever was happening. you grit your teeth, turning to glare up at him. "we're you seriously watch porn? we're supposed to be cleaning-!"

he shrugged, chin resting on the palm of his hand. "there's nothing better to do." it was the first thing he had said since you had showed up, making your eyes widen.

you stood there, absolutely bewildered. "don't do that in here!! if a teacher came in and found out, we'd both get in trouble!! and i'm already in enough trouble because of you!!"

"then give me my earbuds back." he held his hand out, and you clenched the wires in your hands, stepping back and shoving them into your pocket. he sighed, seeming angry but not saying anything as he leaned down to pick up his phone. "suit yourself."

you frowned, moving back to finish sweeping, before the audio returned, this time loud, echoing around the room, making you panic. "what the fuck are you doing?!"

"you took my earbuds. i was in the middle of this." he glared at you slightly, and you almost threw the broom at him. you rubbed your temples, biting your tongue to keep yourself from doing anything that could worsen your situation. it was hard not to, though, when he turned the volume up, and you turned to face him, starting to yell.

"could you cut it out-! listen, i don't care that you're a delinquent or whatever people call you, but i'm genuinely trying to just get this done so i can leave!!" you stepped up to him, and he actually paused the video, surprised by your sudden outburst. "i know you hate me after what happened, but i don't care!! it's not like i have any positive feelings about you, either. so just help me out, and we can both go home, and ignore each other for as long as we want, okay?"