Chapter 34 : Demanding

Start from the beginning

He was his younger brother after all.

-----------

Ten-year-old Yoongi was alone in that dark alleyway.

It was late at night, probably past eleven, as Yoongi ran away from his home, seeing his drunk mother. She wasn't harming him or anything—but the reeking smell of alcohol, and the environment of heavy dose of it, Yoongi couldn't take it.

He was a kid after all.

When he ran away, not looking back, scared by the gloomy look his mother gave him—he didn't even look back. He ran as fast as possible, thinking that he could just find the way the next morning before the sun rises.

And that was how he ended up in that dark alleyway. Though he had a rough memory of the way he came, he didn't want to go back to his house, where his mother was. He didn't like that side of his mother.

But his attention was diverted to something else, when he felt his stomach grumbling.

Sighing slightly, a cute pout made way to his small, thin lips, his innocent mind automatically going to various pictures of food. He took a small sigh, as he sat down, clearing the particular dust patch with his legs. 

Somehow, he felt a bit safe in that dark.

Ironic? Yeah.

He didn't want to go home, as he just leaned against the dirty wall—a small thought reminding him that he'd get his clothes dirty, but he didn't care, of course. 

The little boy, with pitch black hair, looked around to see if there was anyone there, at that time. And as he expected, no one was. Again—he was lonely. 

He just wanted some friends, to play and talk with, was that too much to ask for?

He looked down, playing with small stones on the floor, sitting cross-legged.

"Mama," he whispered softly, "I wish you are happy—I don't want you to drink," he said, his mind saddening at the thought of his mother.

But if he ever told his mother not to do something, she always let it slide, thinking that he was a little kid and he wouldn't know anything. Well, she shouldn't thought that when leaving Yoongi alone almost every evening, while working. 

Yoongi sighed again, his eyes getting teary.

"W-Who's there?" 

He heard a sudden voice, from his left side, making him look at that direction.

The voice seemed like a little boy, around his age—a bit high pitched than the usual ones. Yoongi tried to look further while sitting there, but the darkness didn't help it. He got up immediately, his bare foot touching the ground through his torn shoes. He ignored it as usual, as he started walking towards his left.

"Uh... Who is it?" He asked, a bit louder.

"Someone's actually there?" The other voice asked, with a small bit of hope—with Yoongi still couldn't see the other person.

"Yeah, who is it—ouch!" He exclaimed, when someone hit him in the shoulders, bumping him harshly—making him turn around immediately.

"Oww!" He heard the same voice say, at the same time he got bumped—Yoongi extended his hand roughly, to feel whoever it was.

"Hey, who's touching me? Get off," the other voice grumbled, his high pitched voice slightly getting deeper.