《e i g h t e e n》

[ BUTTERFLIES ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

                    HANA hurriedly scribbled down her answers, sweat glistened her forehead as her body lightly shook in fear. The ticking of the clock, the noise of pens scratching on the answer sheets, the tapping of Mr. Choi's boots on the floor, even the faintest voice rang in her ears. Hana couldn't concentrate well but she was trying her best.

She wanted to turn back 360° and ask Donghyuck for his answer sheet but of course she couldn't do that. I swear all my answers are wrong, I am so dumb. Hana bit her lip and ignored the heavy stares of her math teacher. Why the hell is looking at me as if I don't know the solutions? Hana grumbled silently. I actually don't know the solutions,,, he is wanting to catch me cheating.

I swear I will bite his neck and leave him dead in a ditch. Curse him for making the exam so hard. Hana's endless loop of deadly thoughts broke when the teacher's firm voice boomed in the classroom. "Ten minutes left! wind up your exam." Hana glanced at the clock in worry, "Oh my god." She whispered.

Donghyuck had already done his exam and was not leaving the room since he didn't want Hana to suffer alone. He knew she was struggling with some questions, he even remembered the chapters she used to struggle with. He kept on staring at her tensed back, anxious that she might give up. Dang will he stop looking at me? Donghyuck clicked his tongue when Mr. Choi changed his staring victim to Donghyuck.

Donghyuck pretended to check his answer sheet, trying to avoid the old man's curious gaze. Yes! this is my chance! His face brightened up when Mr. Choi went to attend a phone call, he was still in the class but at least his attention was away from the couple. "Psst. Hana." Donghyuck subtly kicked her chair from underneath his table.

"You dropped your pencil." He quickly said when Mr. Choi turned to them again. He dropped his own pencil and bent down to grab to it, he then leaned forward to give her the pencil as well as a small piece of paper with formulas written on it. Hana immediately understood what he was doing and took the pencil and the paper discreetly. "Thanks." She muttered.

I love you so much hyuck! you saved my life! Hana thought, wanting to cry and hug him tightly. She found the formula she forgot in the list of fomula's Donghyuck gave and quickly solved the question that was troubling her. "I am going first." She heard Donghyuck whisper, only she could hear him since her ears were more sensitive to sound.

She saw him hand in his exam and leave the room from her peripheral vision. Okay! I got this, one more question Hana motivated herself, "Four minutes left!" She ignored the announcement and continued to solve. Finally! She scribbled the answer neatly and sighed in relief. She happily stood up to hand in her exam, she felt a bit dizzy after all the mental hardwork she had to do.

"How was the exam Hana?" Mr. Choi asked as he took her sheets, Hana smiled bitterly, "It was... great yeah." It took everything in her to not strangle the man in front of her. She took a deep breath when she stepped out of the class, clenching her bag's strap.

I can't believe I will pass.

"Hana!!" Donghyuck ran towards her to hug her when he saw her coming out of the building to the school lawn. He practically jumped at her, Hana had to grab him to prevent him from falling down. "How did you do?" He asked, he scanned her face to spot any hint of worry. He felt relief seeing her smile brightly. "I think I will pass." Hana said cheerfully.

"Yay!" Donghyuck cheered, "It's all thanks to me though." He smirked and adjusted his bag strap on his shoulder. "Yeah it is." Hana said softly, "Thankyou." She smiled warmly. Donghyuck felt butterflies flutter in his tummy making him blush, he wasn't expecting her to thank him and smile like that. "D-Dont smile like that." He looked away, hiding his face in his hand.

"Are you blushing?" Hana snickered. She lightly held his hand to see his red face. "Yah!" Donghyuck shrieked, flustered at her actions. "Oooh! Haechan is blushing!" Hana teased him more, enjoying his shy reaction.

"Hey, Miss Hana." Donghyuck quickly recovered from his shyness and grabbed both of her hands, "Teasing is my job." He grinned and leaned forward. It was now her time to become a red tomato. "Let's go celebrate! We both slayed math!" Donghyuck jumped a few times before both of them made their way out of the campus.

Hana started rambling about how much she despised Mr. Choi and Donghyuck listened with full attention. Before they went out of the gate, he saw Jaemin staring right back at him making Donghyuck stop abruptly. Reality hit him like a truck when he remembered what he was supposed to do.

"Hey! Hyuck why did you stop?" Hana called him, already standing outside the gate waiting for him. Donghyuck broke the eye contact with Jaemin, his happy face was now white as a ghost. Tears gathered in his eyes when he saw Hana waving at him excitedly. "S-Sorry, I saw a cat." He lied and smiled, a smile that didn't reach to his eyes.

I am so damn sorry Hana.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ya'll really believed me when I said choose a number 💀 I was joking-

or was I?