Chapter 45: Calm Before the Storm

Start from the beginning

"I know you've showed us some of your magic before, but nothing of that extent. You were incredible!" The brunette praised with a big smile.

I chuckled as I finished my juice box, only to refill it again.

"You helped us escape before anything else happened. We can't thank you enough." Tilia thanked me. I scoffed a laugh.

"I've helped save Midgard a few times, Thor was there to help for both times. And Asgard had become a place I enjoyed staying in. It was the least I could do."

"I don't think I have quite yet processed all of what just happened." Tilia blinked as she shook her head, thinking of everything with Hela and Asgard.

"I don't think I have either." Liam shook his head.

I didn't even think about that! How could I forget?! These guys have family. And they just went through almost dying. Why are they here?

"If you guys have other places to be, with I don't know, family? You guys should be with them. Don't let me hold you up." I stood up and walked to the mirror.

I just put my armour back on. Is it weird that I find wearing it comfortable? My hair was out of the braid though. I used my magic to put it up in a French braid, not wanting it in my face.

"We checked on them. They are fine." Bella shrugged nonchalantly. "My father didn't seem to care about me that much anyway."

"Let's go see my mother." Tilia looked at Liam and Bella. "She was worried about you earlier, but I told her you were fine. I'm sure she'll love to see you."

I smiled as I watched them. They were the only friends I have that didn't know anything about being some sort of superhero. Expect for Tessa and Aunt May.

I have this bad feeling in my gut, but why? Is it because we're going back to Earth? Loki and I aren't exactlAy on good terms with everyone.

Maybe that's it.

Or maybe I'm just nervous because Loki actually gets to meet everyone. Oh jeez!

Loki meeting Dad and Pepper. I hope Pepper likes him. I think she will... right? I've told her stories of him and I. Hopefully she'll look past New York.

"Prin-Lady Hope." Tilia called out to me, pulling me from my thoughts. "Are you going to join us? You can finally meet my mother."

"I was actually going to see Thor and Loki." I smiled warmly, declining the invite. "But I will love to meet her later on."

Liam swing his arm around Tilia and the three walked out of the room.

Poor Bella. Third wheel sucks ass.

~

I walked to the room where Val had told me to find the two.

I knocked on the door and peeked in to see the two smiling as they talked to each other. I smiled softly at the sight.

These two cutie pies finally getting along! It's adorable!

The two turned in my direction. They smiled invitingly.

"My, my. Thor." I whistled at the new look. Thor chuckled as he crossed his arms, not meaning to show off his godlike muscles. "This look is my favourite. The whole eyepatch, short hair, dark themed look."

I chef kissed.

Loki smirked at me in amusement. "Now I don't have to worry about you getting all emotional and tying my hair with yours."

Thor glared at Loki.

"I thought you were dead! I had all the right reason to be emotional! I had thought I lost my brother!" Thor sneered at Loki whilst pointing his finger at him aggressively.