Chapter one

Rebecca's POV

"Rebecca, go set up the tables for tonight." I nodded toward my boss, "I'll get right on it."

I started setting the tables and arranging them in an organized manner. I enjoyed my job, more than the average person who works here anyways. I didn't have to talk to many people, which is always a plus for me. Instead, I got to work "behind the scenes" and take care of shows.

Tonight's show was apparently a local band called R5. I haven't heard of them, but from what I've seen online, they're pretty good. I'm just hoping they aren't stuck up like some of the other acts we've had. As I was setting the centerpieces on the tables, someone bumped into my back, making me fall over the table slightly.

"I'm so sorry, that was all my fault!" The person helped me back to a steady position and I managed to get  a better look at the guy, his hair and facial features looking quiet familiar, "It's okay." Then i realised who it was, "You're one of the band members, aren't you?"

He smirked a little and nodded, "A fan, I'm guessing?" I held in my laughter and continued setting the table as I replied, "Uhm, no. I work here, but good guess." He blushed a little, "Well, if you work here, you wouldn't mind helping me find the manager?" I nodded quickly and looked around real quick and spotted him across the club. "He's over there," I said while pointing in his direction. Ross thanked me quickly, "Oh, and hey, sorry again." I shrugged it off before going back to work.

Alright, so far, so good. He doesn't seem too stuck up and full of himself, but the night's just started. Also, there's 4 other members of the band if I'm correct. I'll just have to act as kind as possible to them no matter what.

Next thing I know, my boss is calling me over towards him and Ross. "Is there an issue?" Ross smiled a little between the both of us while my boss talked. "Rebecca, I'm way too busy right now so I'm putting you in charge of helping them with whatever they need." I looked at him shocked, "Wait, l-like their servant?" My boss crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me, "Is this a problem for you?" I quickly shook my head, "N-no. It's fine." He nodded his head and as he started walking away, he muttered  "Two hours until showtime."

I turned to Ross, "Well, where's the rest of the band? I'll help you guys set up or something." Ross laughed quietly to himself and led me to the rest of the band, "They're over by the entrance. Come on, I'll introduce you." I didn't look him in the eyes, instead just kept looking at the floor. We walked in silence over to the entrance where the other band members and a few other people. "Rebecca was it?" I nodded my head, smiling to the others a little. "Guys, this is Rebecca. Rebecca, this is Riker, Rydel, Rocky, Ratliff, my dad Mark, and my brother Ryland." I waved to all of them, and they returned the gesture.

I asked, "Are you guys ready to go set up your instruments?" The band members nodded, "Alright, follow me please." I led the band to the stage while Mark and Ryland just started getting their own things set up, like cameras and other manager things like that. I climbed up on the stage with them, helping bring out enough microphone stands and assisting them with random things.

"So, this is really your job? You help out bands set up and things like that?" I shook my head to Ross' question as I put out a few speakers on stage and he helped me carry one or two, "Uhm, not really. I'm actually just a waitress but whenever there's live shows, I help set up and decorate. This is my first time actually being an assistant to a band." The one who I assumed was Riker interjected, "Well, you're doing a really good job at all this. I would've thought you've done this a million times." I could feel my cheeks heating up slightly.

I brought them waters before they were about to start their sound check, and the place was already starting to fill up. I stood quietly by the stage, just in case they needed anything, and maybe because I guess I kind of wanted to watch them. Let's just say, them not being rude to me really made a good first impression.

------------------------------------------------------------

hope you enjoyed! vote, comment, and share with friendss!