11

Kenma was suffering. He felt guilty. Guilty that he was better and you weren't. That he couldn't help you at all. He stayed up as long as he could every night waiting and staring at his phone.

Waiting for the call that would tell him you had died.

He was scared. It was painfully obvious your condition was getting worse. You stuttered words and slured your speech often. Every time you spoke it reassured that painful truth.

Shes dying.

Everytime he came to visit you looked worse, more tired, less alive. He came anyway because he couldn't resist you. Coming to see you and seeing that fucking perfect smile. It made the pain worth it.

It was a week later. Today Kuroo had insisted on coming to visit you. Late at night when Kenma was obsessing over you and playing games you and Kuroo would text. Kuroo saw and heard from both sides.

The way Kenma felt like a piece of him shattered everytime he saw you, but that a new gap would be filled when you smiled.

As if you were killing him while being the only thing keeping him alive.

He also heard from you. About how you felt like you were a burden and that Kenma was hurting himself for no reason for staying with you. How much you feared the idea of leaving him.

They walked in. "Hey guyvss " you said. "Hey beautiful" Kenma said walking over. He kissed you. "I'm the king of third wheelers" Kuroo said.

You laid in bed with your head on kenmas chest. Kuroo sat cross legged at the bottom. "Okay so then I asked her what hobbies she had and guess what she said" "wha?" You said completely compelled by Kuroo talking about his love life. Kenma wasn't even paying attention since he was buried into his game. "SHE SAID VOLLEYBALL" "NO W-WAY" you say as you both giggled.

"Apparently shes been playing for a long time, soo I asked her out right" "ooo wha awre y-y-y-you  guyss going to do" "we're gonna go and play at my colleges gym this Friday" "that's goood" you said.

"Wanna see a picture of her?" Kuroo said. "Of c-course I do!" You say he pulls out his phone and finds a picture of her. "She's s-so pretty Kuroo" you said. "Let me see" Kenma said taking the phone. "Yeah shes pretty I guess, not as pretty as you though" "your biased cause she's your girlfriend" Kuroo said.

You guys chilled and talked for a while before they had to go. "Bye y/n!" Kuroo said from the doorway. "Bye babe I love you" Kenma said giving you a kiss before he left.

You laid in your bed and grabbed the book Kenma had bought you. You hadn't started reading it yet because you were finishing up another one. You opened it and saw a note.

"Love you always
-kenma"

You smiled and started reading. You got to around the 8th chapter before you got tired. You covered yourself in your blanket and looked out the window. Then you fell asleep thinking of kenma.