Chapter 20

Note:

Readers discretion Advised.

Thanks for the amazing love, support and interesting comments.

You keep me going.

Excuse the errors.

_______

Finally, February came rolling by. And Gulf couldn't be happier than now. His life has significantly turned peaceful, smoother and he felt in control of his life.

A week has gone by since the last phone conversation he had with Mew. He didn't hear from him anymore nor did he saw him in the office.

But the last conversation they had gave him back his power in the hurtful relationship they shared. He realised, he no longer have to exist in Mew's mercy and allow himself to be tortured by people who didn't deserve him but rather enjoy his life and his small successes and take life 'not too seriously'.

Also, the work in the office increased while happy news was protruding from Zhan as well.  He was happy to know that Zhan has settled certain issues between him and Wang Yibo although, they were still waiting for the weekend to have an official date.

After the office, instead of going home, Gulf sat down for late lunch in the usual cafe he goes.

"Gulf?" Suddenly there was Mild, who was leaving already with some of his colleague. He then joined him at his table pulling himself a chair and sat opposite him. "I've something significant to tell you. You heard anything about Zhan?" He asked.

Gulf's eyes widened. What happened again? He sighed. "No, what about him?" He asked, a bit curious as well as terrified.

"I heard from Alice that Zhan is free of all those allegations he had for good"

"Really? That's great news. So, what really happened?"

"Well", Mild leaned in closely to whisper out the secrets which Gulf found it somehow cute and hilarious. "Rumour has it that our boss Wang has been trying really hard to prove Zhan's innocence to the board members so that he can bring him back to the office." Mild said and it earned Gulf a soft chuckle realising how obvious it was to him.

"Good for him." Gulf said putting his food into his mouth, trying not to laugh too much and make it suspicious. "Is there any progress on the investigation though?"

"Yes, massive... It seems Mr. Linwood was behind it". What? Gulf freaked out. Of course, Mr. Linwood! The business partner Mr. Wang introduced the other night.

"You mean Jared's father?" Gulf expressed his shock blatantly while recalling how Zhan innocently disclosed his plans and ideas without a care believing it to be safe and secure. Of course, there was a lot of files exchanged that night but who would have thought that, a loyal partner would stab on the back.

None of them have seen it coming because Mr. Linwood was Mr. Wang's business partner! Are Corporates and the process of business always this cruel? This must be the reason why all these rich, powerful people are all scoundrels. Gulf thought to himself.

"Apparently he made a deal with the Martins in return for holding 25% share in the profit earned from Wang's loses". Mild continued.

It was true, the competition for the top postion in the hierarchy or the greed within the shareholders were highly common and hence, all those scoundrels were so uptight, never putting their guard down; always suspicious of everyone and on alert all the time.

But upon hearing that, Gulf, instead of feeling threatened, angry or scared, he was overjoyed. His friend has been finally proven innocent. And that mattered to him.